80% Lower Legal Question

everyone has shown their knowledge here. in a nut shell mostly pretty anal considering the situation. of course my opinion, don't take this to the bank, consult your own attorney ....... haha

I was under the impression that this latest bill that passed, they were trying to close the ghost gun loop hole. I don't know if that part passed, but prior it wasn't illegal to do this as a hobby. I will have to research the details of the latest bill.

I was under the impression that this latest bill that passed, they were trying to close the ghost gun loop hole. I don't know if that part passed, but prior it wasn't illegal to do this as a hobby. I will have to research the details of the latest bill.
It wasn’t illegal and still isn’t till some time in August I believe. You can do it for yourself and you ONLY. You still can do it but now that 80% will be serialized and you’ll have to go through the same circle jerk that your state has you go through for a functional firearm.

I can't find anything about ghost guns.... I guess "they" like it like that. The people who sell the 80% lowers have the liability to know the details, so sadly that is the only place I can find info. So, @Cadillac you are sure that nationwide this goes into effect in August?

Summary: Yes, you made that with your own two hands... but you can't have it. You see, we at the ATF own the means of production, you mistakenly thought you owned your equipment and effort. Pray we don't change the deal even more.

Thanks for all the input folks!

I’ve informed the young man that it would be best if he and his father got themselves a router and a jig and have at it themselves.

This is not worth all the potential pitfalls.

It’s an unfortunate state of affairs (on so many levels) to say the least.
That is very dangerous.......

That is very dangerous.......
it can be, for sure

i did see a video on YT of a guy who drilled the pocket in many places to remove the bulk of the material
then used carbide router bits to do the finish work
as long as you conventional mill, highly lubed cutters and take light cuts- the risks diminish
not ideal, but it has been done before

Back