833TV Received

parshal

Registered
Registered
I'll post pics up as I get this thing ready to go.

Step one, move the boxes to the garage with the tractor forks on the Kubota.

millboxes.jpg

I'm anxious for you to plug it in and see how it works. Congratulations.

Oh, and it's crazy heavy. I can't move it on the pallet.

I just moved mine from my old shop to my new shop and my rather robust engine hoist (not harbor fright) could barely lift it. I was quite concerned that my strap would not hold, but it did.
I am currently looking into converting mine to CNC, but I have a lot to learn.

I'm probably going to need the Kubota bucket. The Y axis DRO scales are right at the holes for the lifting eyes and they aren't long enough to clear the scales. I may just have to wrap the straps around the head as described in the manual. I don't want to get that bucket near the wall of the pole barn as I am as likely to stick the bucket through the side as I am to get it perfect.

I'd love to know what it would take to convert this to CNC when you get around to it. That's way down the road if ever but it would be good to know what it takes and tuck that info away somewhere.

I'm currently in email exchanges with Greg at Priest Tools to see what can be done about a power drawbar. He's not seen one of these yet.

I would use the strap around the head. The lifting eyes in the side never made sense to me because the entire weight of the machine is above the lifting point, making the CG very high up. Not a good idea IMHO.
You must have a decent sized Kubota. I have a newer BX2380 and it would not even budge this thing.

It's an L4200 which is a 45 hp tractor. It lifted these pallets without issue. With the 1340GT, though, there wasn't enough power to lift the pallet even at full throttle due to the length of the pallet. There was way too much hanging out in front of the forks.

Nice looking mill, I have been considering either a pm-833tv or the new pm-728vt for my maker shed. To replace the pm25 and lms-3990 I got rid of last year. Would love a 949ts but weight and lack of a concrete floor prevents that option.

I look forward to see what folks say about this mill now that we are starting to see them out in the wild. I have seen a few of them converted to cnc as well. Here is one example I ran across earlier today.

The stand is lighter than I thought. The shelf is half depth with a screwed on vented side panel. I believe it’s where one would mount a VFD.

It seems that only the Mainland China machines i.e PM-932M, PM-940 come with heavy cast iron stand. I decided to build/weld my own around a drawer cabinet. It needs to be a full cage as the weight is too much to just put it on top of the drawer cabinet as I did with my old drill/mill (see picture.)

Rong Fu RF-25 on Harbor Freight Drawers Stand c.jpg

My PM-933T is on it's way, left Chicago today so it will arrive in few days.

Brian, can you take some measurements for me so I can start with the stand/drawer cage design?
1. Tray height from the floor? I found 28" somewhere but I am not sure
2. Table height from base/tray? If the above number is correct it should be 11.5" but again not sure

I want to make sure that my final height will be reasonable to work around. The current height of my table is 49" from the floor which is on the high side but it works very well for me.

Ariel

Back