8520 cross feed screw

RustyD

Registered
Registered
Would any one know were I can get a cross feed screw for a Clausing 8520.

RustyD

If you have a damaged one, copy it. Or, write Clausing, ask for what you need. They've probably got a bin full.

Look in Parts/Service here...https://www.clausing-industrial.com/partsService.asp I have purchased from them before. Be prepared for sticker shock.

"Sticker shock" fails to describe your state of mind after reading (hearing) a parts quote from Clausing.

I started my 8520 journey high and mighty that I would always buy parts from Clausing, but when the quote for a gib lock exceeded $100 I decided to just make whatever I needed.

Yeah, I priced a down feed micrometer dial at $360.00. Made one on the Southbend.
On the other hand, on some parts they could not provide, they sent me drawings so I could make or have made. That was the first and only time any American manufacturer offered such a service.
I did get a set of drawings for a special tool to properly set up the ring and pinion in a Triumph Spitfire from the manufacturer that made special tools for British Layland.....for free, shipped Air Mail. I DID send them a ‘Thank You’ letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, the perceived high cost of new replacement parts for both the Atlas and the Clausing machines simply reflects the high cost of labor in the US today plus the very low volume of parts sold. The only reason that automotive replacement parts aren't quite as high if the vehicle isn't but a few years old is that the dealers sell a lot of them, either to owners or to their own shops. Clausing has been good about supplying scans of factory parts drawings if they are no longer making them. But they sell relatively few parts for the old machines so when they do, the prices seem high, especially if someone gave you the mill or lathe.

Back