9-10k parts

Ron Frasier

Registered
Registered
Good afternoon my name is Ron Frasier and i am a new member and a terrible typesets, I have a 9 jr which is a new project for me.
Thanks to Silverhawk I know know it is a 9 jr so I have several parts to sell ,because i got to excited about my new project before i new what it was. After all I am only 72 years old and i still pull the trigger to soon. List of items bango looks new,32t change gear, 80t idel gear,40 t c gear,72/16 compound g I have $174.00 invested please make me an offer i cant refused.

Hi Ron. This is a reasonable price for everything, but individuals may not need all parts in a batch. For example, I just finished making an 80 tooth idler gear day before yesterday. I definitely am not in the market for one, since even if someone gave me one, I would preferentially use mine. We're funny about our tools.;)

Don't beat yourself up over buying the incorrect parts. It's all part of the journey. Make sure to be super safe. Even a tiny incident will make $174 seem like chump change.

how did you make your gear and have you tried a printed plastic gear

Hi Ron. I don't really need anything. The only thing I am missing is the 40 tooth gear, and I don't need to thread 10 tpi for much of anything. In answer to your question, yes, I have tried 3-D printed gears (the ones on Thingiverse). They work exactly as they are supposed to. The person who printed out a couple of test gears for me tried a 20% fill to save time and filament. This gear seemed flimsy, but it is fully strong enough (with a hub). I also had rings printed out and epoxied them around a hub. The reason for this is to avoid warpage in the large diameters and save filament. Finally, I cast some blanks in a foundry and finished them with a hand shaper. Eventually, I want to try out a dividing head on a horizontal mill, but I do not have a dividing head (yet) and I do not have the required cutters.

Back