9 inch Ford differential in 1/3 scale

Fantastic! That's an understatement. Great description of the process as well.

oh my god!!! that is insanely amazing!!! I have plans to make a 1/4 scale 1965 Ford 427 SOHC motor eventually and put it in an r/c truck i'm gonna build also. If you guys could help me get dimensions and info i would really appreciate it. I've been looking at books and stuff but i'm just finding performance specs and not building specs. i need dimensions and very detailed info for EVERYTHING on the motor.

i've also looked online and im finding too much, just the history of it... i need help

That is great. You have to print up some small stickers for the ends of the axles. "Strange Engineering" Big time racing axle company. They make the best.

A truly amazing project, having trained as a fitter and turner/ toolmaker I can really appreciate the amount of skill and work in such a project.

I sometimes have dreams of such a project, but without a mill, and absolutely no where to put one, it's not likely to happen.

Bob.

Some of the models I have seen are simply amazing. You model makers do the greatest work. Both in machining and hand finishing. I had wanted to make a scale model of a Harley Panhead engine. But haven't been able to find either plans or parts I can take dimensions from.

Some of the models I have seen are simply amazing. You model makers do the greatest work. Both in machining and hand finishing. I had wanted to make a scale model of a Harley Panhead engine. But haven't been able to find either plans or parts I can take dimensions from.

Ah Bill, you and me both. I do admire the skilled model maker, but I'm afraid I don't have the patience.

I have a dream of building a 1/4 scale early EVO motor. getting dimensioned drawings is almost impossible and scale drawings just don't exist.

I have found the local HD dealer fairly helpful in that when they get an old motor in for rebuild they will let me have the old parts or if the owner wants the parts, then I can at least come in and measure up, make some sketches to add to my collection. I figure making the camshaft and crank shaft will be the most challenging. So far I have aquired a piston, a set of timing gears and a camshaft. I've yet to figure out how I'll cut the gears The oil pump could also present a challenge. A little bit of poetic license will also help.

Back