932m base bolts ???

U

umahunter

Forum Guest
Register Today
Since I finally have my mill on its stand I need to tram the column to the table and I'm trying to figure out what the torque specs are on the column to base bolts does anybody know ????
20171223_184212.jpg

i don't have the MFG torque spec,
but 8mm, grade 10.9 metric capscrews is 24 ft/lbs- clean and dry threads

I have 29 ft/lbs for that Ulma. 40Nm to be exact converted to ft/lbs.

Don't bet that you will find grade 10.9 bolts on those mills for bolting the cast iron... You will be lucky if they are graded at all.

The bolts are M16 2.00 pitch x60 mm

M16 Low grade (4.6) = 62ft/lbs. Class 8.8=161ft/lbs. Class 10.9=230ft/lbs. All of those numbers are for dry clean threads. If there is lube on them, the torque values go down by about 25%. If I were you, I would torque them to 120-ish and call it good, but that is just me.

Thought I would add this if anyone else ever has to do it. I drove all over town to find a 12 mm hex socket which was hard to find since most sets stop at 10 mm . they have an impact set at home depot with a 12 mm socket for 30 buck didn't wanna spend that for one socket. luckily I found a set at harborfreight for 13 bucks which didn't come up in there search but I stopped by and bingo. tractor supply also had an impact set that was on clearance for 13 bucks so they may stop carrying the set soon is spent 2 hours driving around town to every home and auto store anyways looking for one just thought I'd add this if anyone ever has to do the same :)

if you ever get into a pinch with a metric hex bolt and don't have an allen wrench,
you can take a metric bolt with the correct head size and add a couple hex nuts to the bolt and tighten the nuts with a wrench.
you just made a makeshift hex driver.
you can now use the newly formed hex driver with a ratchet and socket or with just a wrench and tighten or loosen odd size metric hex fastners.
i hope the information is useful to someone, sometime ! :grin:

Back