935 table rubber T-slot ends

This is what was originally installed. A larger brass fitting that threads the casting hole, a reduced brass screw fitting/nozzle, a hose which goes down to the grate in casting base. I've removed it all, don't foresee flood coolant in my future. It wasn't interfering with the DRO encoder tube but the close proximity optics gives me a rash.

The rubber above the mill table top plane does no harm other than it bugs me. If I lay something on my table, I don't want any possibility of it resting on something else that is not the table datum. Where are my OCD meds? WHO took my OCD meds! :/

IMG_7616_edited-1.jpg

IMG_7625_edited-1.jpg

The Millrite end cap above is nice, but a much bigger piece with a lot more machining, and I'm guessing it has a hidden gasket to seal the deal between it and the table.
The Millrite has cast iron end caps, which also serve to hold the lead screw bearings. There is no gasket from the factory(!) A little gasket eliminator does the job of containing the coolant, the machined fit is tight between the end cap and the table. The overall stickout of the lead screw is probably about the same with both types.

Back