940 mill models

Fc911c

Registered
Registered
Hi

Can someone tell me the difference between 940 basic and 940M?

Thanks

The 940M is a nice looking mill, hope you get it!

That would be a good choice to CNC, IMHO the bed or column style mills are better suited for CNC than knee mills. If you do take the plunge, there is plenty of talent here that can help with any questions you may have.
BTW, I have a similar mill I am planing a CNC conversion on, as soon as I get the rest of my shop together...

Thanks for the info. I had Rongfu 45 I cnc about 10 years ago and sold it. Where in Brooklyn do you live, I lived there for 40 years near sheepshead Bay.

If you are looking for a manual mill to eventually convert, the 940 is a great machine. I believe it is even offered with hardened ways (at least it was when I bought mine), so it should last a long time. The 940 is also available in a CNC version, but it's not on the website. This is the model that I have, and am very happy with it.

I would also check out the 833T... Looks like a killer machine. I wish it would have been available when I purchased my 940 CNC, and I would have known enough to CNC it back then..

PZ

I live in Brooklyn Heights, near the Bridge. My shop is in my second home upstate, near Ellenville NY. My mom lives in Sheepshead Bay.

Back