9A project completed

This may sound strange but I had good luck polishing similar badges on my south bend, Burke Millrite, and DoAll bandsaw using Flitz metal polish. The original paint was still on them, just oxidized and dirty. You may want to try it on something less obvious at first.

Very nice looking lathe.

Beautiful,
Thank you for the inspiration and ideas doesn't do it justice. That is incredible work my friend.
You have plenty of talent, you can take that to the bank!
Thank you for the ideas and inspiration.

Well, this surely ain't your grandpa's old lathe! Nice work. Very nice. And some ingenious ideas for upgrades, as well.

The clutch mod is brilliant. I may give it a go at some point.

You could probably make/sell the spindle speed charts. :)

K

Beautiful lathe, you did a fantastic job!

I redid a 9a last year also, it was a fun project.

A great project done with excellent skill and care, your student is a lucky lad indeed.

Just got a 9A . What is the spindle mount ? There is a Bison self centering 4 jaw on it with no spanner wrench hole . Been on there for most likely 40 years . Straight thread RH or taper lock ? I don't want to keep smacking these jaws ! :grin: TIA . Dave And yes , that is one sweet looking lathe . :applause 2:

After scouring manuals and old catalogs, I learned that the only model that came with a graduated dial on the tailstock was the 10" models.

Ooookaay The SB has a graduated dial . So now it's a 10" ! :grin: It grew an inch overnight . :oops:

Back