9x20 Power Cross-feed Started Anew. Lol

Those wires have to go somewhere to keep from getting eaten up by swarf.

"Billy G"

102_0026 (650 x 488).jpg

Should have the Dog Clutch finished soon. Temperatures have been off the scale here. Some days it top[s out at 104. Not good for us old timers.

"Billy G"

Timing Pulleys will be here in 5 days. 2,7" diameter 40 TPI. Belt width .310 maximum. I see this project completed in no more that 10 days. :thumbsup:

"Billy G"

The danged batteries are low on the camera. Pictures later. I changed the PVC pipe to automotive brake line. Difference of night and day. The electric hook up is completed. As soon as the pulleys arrive I will get the mechanical stuff done. I am doing this mod because the finish on the outside of the radial engine will make or break the project.

"Billy G"

Bob B stay tuned, wait till you see how I fix the on/off switch. :lmao:

102_0027 (650 x 488).jpg

That set up is soooo sweet. When you get time Bill, could you do a Bill Of Materials list and put up the part numbers and suppliers for all the stuff you used to build this project? I am really most interested because it will work on my 9X and I could adapt the set up to run the long feed screw on my 5980. The 5980 is similar to a Granite 1220 Griz without power feed or threading capability. I think even the castings are the same. My hands shake so bad that I would love to add this to get a much nicer surface finish on most of my projects. Some don't really natter, but it would be an improvement.

Bob

Did not like the way that brake line looked. Two more small bends and it now runs behind the long lead screw. Much better.

"Billy G"

102_0030 (650 x 488).jpg

As promised Bob B here is the new on/off switch.

"Billy G"

102_0031 (650 x 488).jpg

I'm liking that!!! Where are you going to mount the power control box for the cross feed? Same place, just above the new switch lever? You could mobe the electronics box to the side door and just put a small switch panel on the top of front of the machine. The electronics on the change gears door would keep it close, but out of the way and then a switch, knob, and led on top? But I really like the switch knob it is way slaick.

Bob

Yes Bob, the control unit will go on top of the head stock where I originally had it. The lever will bring the on/off to where I can easily access it. Only one more mod for me to make on this lathe and that is a full tail stock turret assembly. Downriver Tools has one just for the 9 X 20. I have the prints.

"Billy G"

While it's down I'm thinking of refinishing it. This is the initial cleanup.

"Billy G"

102_0032 (650 x 488).jpg 102_0033 (650 x 488).jpg

Back