A 13" Mirror cell for a telescope

Yes. The focus board fits inside the mirror box on top of the mirror cover with the Telrad sitting in there as well and the base folds down to a flat pak of 4". The eyepiece case, mirror box, base and the two tubes and shroud.

Here is the final pictures of the telescope build. 13.1" f/4.4 Carl Zambuto primary, 3.1" Antares Optics secondary, JMI NGF focuser. The tubular uprights are schedule 80 AL conduit. The wood is baltic fir.
The pictures show the total components in a loose gathering. As the scope would be in transport and 2 showing the assembled scope from both sides. All that is missing is the shroud and it's support structure.
Been over 2 years in the making between waiting for the mirror from Carl and family issues with elderly parents with one gone now and the other becoming a dependent, my time was severely strctched at times, I finally got here and hope to do first light tonight.
Pierre
PS the pictures are pink in colour as I used my astro photography modified camera.

IMG_2086.jpg IMG_2087.jpg IMG_2085.jpg IMG_2081.jpg

With one of Carl's mirrors and good seeing then first light will blow you away.
The only thing better than one of Carl's mirrors would be two of them in a binocular :grin big:
Lovely project it looks brilliant.

Back