A 1945 logan 820 is trying to follow me home

OK... I got the bull gear out......I'll rewire the Motor for 120 V 9 it's a peerless 1/2 Hp motor and im quite certain it's the origional motor since striping the grey paint reveals the same color as the origional paint found on un -accessible parts of the machine.
NOW... mWith the spindle removed The front bearing doesn't feel good at all so I want to replace it while everything is apart...i may as well replace the rear bearing also. Are these bearings available through industrial suppliers or must one go through Logan actuator ???????.. if available outside of Logan, can anyone point me in the right direction.
Thanks
joe

I would a, get a quote form Logan Actuator, and b take the bearings to a bearing supplier and get them to quote as well and see what the difference is. There are different grades of bearings, err on the side of better, but be aware that as the grade improves the price rises exponentially

Walter

I bought my 10" Logan about 10 years ago with the same problem of broken teeth. Stopped at our local welding supply house and the sold me some brazing rod special for building up teeth. It is some awesome rod that attaches to metal like no other I've ever seen. Made a jig to index on the mill and cut my teeth out and it has been running for the last 10 years.
A year later I found one on EBay and it has been hanging on the wall for 9 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a welder nor an accomplished machinist so i fell buying an un-damaged one is my best bet.
if your comfortable enough to want to sell it please PM me or E-mail to diamond@easyliving.com
thanks for the input
joe

Back