A big thank you to Brino

mickri

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I mentioned in a thread about 3D printing the plastic gear on Craftsman 3x6 band saws that the gear on my band saw was missing a tooth and that I would be willing to pay someone to 3D print one for me. Brino pm'd me that he would print one for me. Great. How much including postage and how would he like to get paid. Brino refused to let me pay anything including the postage. Got the gear yesterday.

Thank you Brino.

IMG_4031.JPG

I mentioned in a thread about 3D printing the plastic gear on Craftsman 3x6 band saws that the gear on my band saw was missing a tooth and that I would be willing to pay someone to 3D print one for me. Brino pm'd me that he would print one for me. Great. How much including postage and how would he like to get paid. Brino refused to let me pay anything including the postage. Got the gear yesterday.

Thank you Brino.

This does not surprise me at all. Brino is always encouraging, always helping, always kind. He, and others like him, are what makes HM so special.

Ours is a COMMUNITY of builders, makers, doers and thinkers. I've been blessed by the generosity of many and I hope to be able to give back just a little of what I've received.

Ahhh shucks guys ........you are making me blush.....I don't know what to say.....

First, Chuck I am glad you got the gear.
As we discussed in our PMs at only 26 grams that gear cost me less than a dollar in filament (CAD or USD!).

I really do not expect any praise.
There are so many people here that are very generous with their time, knowledge, materials and tools.
I try to live up to the example set by others.
I continue to feel every day I visit the forum that I get more from it than I could possibly give in return.

It gives me the ability to bounce ideas off a large group of people with a huge range of experiences.
I get exposed to projects, materials, techniques and processes that I'd have never know about otherwise.
.....and thru it all I know I will be treated well.

-brino

Back