[4]

A Bit More Progress On The Shop ...

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Have had two helpers to do the heavy lifting on the sheet rock while I cut and measure, so have made some pretty good headway in the last week or so. Got about half of the electrical run, 125 amp sub panel off the 200 amp main for the machines, phase converter, and welding equipment. Insulation/vapor barrier is done in the original half of the building, with the exception of the area around the main panel. Still have more wire to pull there. The place is a total mess, but slowly coming together. Cheers, Mike
P1000870.jpg P1000871.jpg P1000872.jpg P1000874.jpg P1000875.jpg

mikey

Active User
Coming along nicely, Mike. It's going to be a really nice shop!

wrat

Registered
I see you have a stereo set up. Okay, check.
But i'm having trouble figuring out where the refrigerator is gonna go, exactly.
I mean, first things first, right?
After that, the rest will probably fall into place nicely.

Wrat

FOMOGO

Active User
Actually, the fridge is behind the bales of insulation. :) Mike

TakeDeadAim

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
looking good! Cant wait to see more progress, I love to see what people build for themselves.

FOMOGO

Active User
Well, the sheet-rock is all hung with the exception of the bottoms of the loft areas still to be built. In total right around 7000 sf, and I can't say I'll be sorry to say it's over. All of the vapor barrier and insulation is in the walls and ceilings, and I've run several thousand feet of wire. Back outside this coming week to finish up siding and trim while the sheet-rock finishers come back and finish inside. My back is getting a little better every week and hopefully in another month or so I'll be pain free and back to normal, or as close as I'll get to it. Hoping to get some heat in soon also. Cheers, Mike P1000928.JPG P1000929.jpg P1000930.jpg

jpfabricator

Active User
Looks good!

Sent from somwhere in east Texas by Jake!

uncle harry

Active User
Registered
Well, the sheet-rock is all hung with the exception of the bottoms of the loft areas still to be built. In total right around 7000 sf, and I can't say I'll be sorry to say it's over. All of the vapor barrier and insulation is in the walls and ceilings, and I've run several thousand feet of wire. Back outside this coming week to finish up siding and trim while the sheet-rock finishers come back and finish inside. My back is getting a little better every week and hopefully in another month or so I'll be pain free and back to normal, or as close as I'll get to it. Hoping to get some heat in soon also. Cheers, Mike View attachment 134732 View attachment 134733 View attachment 134734
Gee Mike, this almost makes me want to expand into the rest of my pole shed. Almost is the operative word though. Most impressive !

kvt

Active User
Mike that is looking real nice. I need one like that in my back yard. More room for toys. and yea you will need some heat shortly.

FOMOGO

Active User
Been working on the Barn. Added a covered deck off the bar area over the last two weeks. Won't start on the railings until next spring, but I have some ideas on some special metal work for them. About one week left to work on it, and I'm going to try and finish up the remaining fascia and soffet work. All the sheet rock finishing is done, and finished all the siding and trim on the back side. Got rid of my help about a month ago, and while they were ok, and necessary while my back was healing up, it is so much nicer working on my own. I guess I'm just getting old and grumpy, but it is so nice not having to deal with other peoples constant drama. Leaving for PR on the 23rd and won't be back until the end of April. I planned on being finished and moved in by now, but considering life's little setbacks, over all I'm pretty happy with the progress. Cheers, Mike

P1010027.jpg P1010028.jpg P1010030.jpg P1010033.jpg P1010037.jpg

wrat

Registered
Why in the world would you wanna go to PR over the winter when you have a perfectly good barn to winter in?
:D

FOMOGO

Active User
Why in the world would you wanna go to PR over the winter when you have a perfectly good barn to winter in?
:D
Actually this may be the last year for PR. We've been going for 16yrs now, and I think we will put the house up for sale this year. Time to try something new, and as you noted, spend some more time in the shop. :) Mike

uncle harry

Active User
Registered
Been working on the Barn. Added a covered deck off the bar area over the last two weeks. Won't start on the railings until next spring, but I have some ideas on some special metal work for them. About one week left to work on it, and I'm going to try and finish up the remaining fascia and soffet work. All the sheet rock finishing is done, and finished all the siding and trim on the back side. Got rid of my help about a month ago, and while they were ok, and necessary while my back was healing up, it is so much nicer working on my own. I guess I'm just getting old and grumpy, but it is so nice not having to deal with other peoples constant drama. Leaving for PR on the 23rd and won't be back until the end of April. I planned on being finished and moved in by now, but considering life's little setbacks, over all I'm pretty happy with the progress. Cheers, Mike

View attachment 139264 View attachment 139265 View attachment 139266 View attachment 139268 View attachment 139269

View attachment 139264 View attachment 139265 View attachment 139266 View attachment 139268 View attachment 139269

NICE . . . . . . . This time, try to stay off those nasty ladders. Cheers

kvt

Active User
Definitely looking nice, glad you are doing better now, and to bad you did not get it finished and put into use. Have some fun over the winter.

FOMOGO

Active User
NICE . . . . . . . This time, try to stay off those nasty ladders. Cheers
I'm trying keep my eye's open and move a little more carefully. Even the thick ones like me learn eventually. Have a great Thanksgiving Harry. Cheers, Mike

D

Deleted member 34477

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
looking great Mike.

FOMOGO

Active User
Thanks Ken, and I'm going to slow down a little for the winter, have a fair amount to do to get the house ready to sell. Probably be cutting back from 50hr weeks to around 30. I realize My work schedule is pretty much self inflicted, but old habits die hard, and I have a few major things left to do, that I need to get done before I'm to old to do them. You have a great winter yourself.

Thanks Paco. How did the surgery go? Well I hope. Cheers, Mike

[6]
[5] [7]