A Bit More Progress On The Shop ...

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Have had two helpers to do the heavy lifting on the sheet rock while I cut and measure, so have made some pretty good headway in the last week or so. Got about half of the electrical run, 125 amp sub panel off the 200 amp main for the machines, phase converter, and welding equipment. Insulation/vapor barrier is done in the original half of the building, with the exception of the area around the main panel. Still have more wire to pull there. The place is a total mess, but slowly coming together. Cheers, Mike
P1000870.jpg P1000871.jpg P1000872.jpg P1000874.jpg P1000875.jpg

Coming along nicely, Mike. It's going to be a really nice shop!

I see you have a stereo set up. Okay, check.
But i'm having trouble figuring out where the refrigerator is gonna go, exactly.
I mean, first things first, right?
After that, the rest will probably fall into place nicely.

Wrat

Actually, the fridge is behind the bales of insulation. :) Mike

looking good! Cant wait to see more progress, I love to see what people build for themselves.

Well, the sheet-rock is all hung with the exception of the bottoms of the loft areas still to be built. In total right around 7000 sf, and I can't say I'll be sorry to say it's over. All of the vapor barrier and insulation is in the walls and ceilings, and I've run several thousand feet of wire. Back outside this coming week to finish up siding and trim while the sheet-rock finishers come back and finish inside. My back is getting a little better every week and hopefully in another month or so I'll be pain free and back to normal, or as close as I'll get to it. Hoping to get some heat in soon also. Cheers, MikeP1000928.JPG P1000929.jpg P1000930.jpg

Well, the sheet-rock is all hung with the exception of the bottoms of the loft areas still to be built. In total right around 7000 sf, and I can't say I'll be sorry to say it's over. All of the vapor barrier and insulation is in the walls and ceilings, and I've run several thousand feet of wire. Back outside this coming week to finish up siding and trim while the sheet-rock finishers come back and finish inside. My back is getting a little better every week and hopefully in another month or so I'll be pain free and back to normal, or as close as I'll get to it. Hoping to get some heat in soon also. Cheers, MikeView attachment 134732 View attachment 134733 View attachment 134734

Gee Mike, this almost makes me want to expand into the rest of my pole shed. Almost is the operative word though. Most impressive !

Mike that is looking real nice. I need one like that in my back yard. More room for toys. and yea you will need some heat shortly.

Been working on the Barn. Added a covered deck off the bar area over the last two weeks. Won't start on the railings until next spring, but I have some ideas on some special metal work for them. About one week left to work on it, and I'm going to try and finish up the remaining fascia and soffet work. All the sheet rock finishing is done, and finished all the siding and trim on the back side. Got rid of my help about a month ago, and while they were ok, and necessary while my back was healing up, it is so much nicer working on my own. I guess I'm just getting old and grumpy, but it is so nice not having to deal with other peoples constant drama. Leaving for PR on the 23rd and won't be back until the end of April. I planned on being finished and moved in by now, but considering life's little setbacks, over all I'm pretty happy with the progress. Cheers, Mike

P1010027.jpg P1010028.jpg P1010030.jpg P1010033.jpg P1010037.jpg

Back