A Bit More Progress On The Shop ...

Why in the world would you wanna go to PR over the winter when you have a perfectly good barn to winter in?
:D

Actually this may be the last year for PR. We've been going for 16yrs now, and I think we will put the house up for sale this year. Time to try something new, and as you noted, spend some more time in the shop. :) Mike

Been working on the Barn. Added a covered deck off the bar area over the last two weeks. Won't start on the railings until next spring, but I have some ideas on some special metal work for them. About one week left to work on it, and I'm going to try and finish up the remaining fascia and soffet work. All the sheet rock finishing is done, and finished all the siding and trim on the back side. Got rid of my help about a month ago, and while they were ok, and necessary while my back was healing up, it is so much nicer working on my own. I guess I'm just getting old and grumpy, but it is so nice not having to deal with other peoples constant drama. Leaving for PR on the 23rd and won't be back until the end of April. I planned on being finished and moved in by now, but considering life's little setbacks, over all I'm pretty happy with the progress. Cheers, Mike

View attachment 139264 View attachment 139265 View attachment 139266 View attachment 139268 View attachment 139269
Been working on the Barn. Added a covered deck off the bar area over the last two weeks. Won't start on the railings until next spring, but I have some ideas on some special metal work for them. About one week left to work on it, and I'm going to try and finish up the remaining fascia and soffet work. All the sheet rock finishing is done, and finished all the siding and trim on the back side. Got rid of my help about a month ago, and while they were ok, and necessary while my back was healing up, it is so much nicer working on my own. I guess I'm just getting old and grumpy, but it is so nice not having to deal with other peoples constant drama. Leaving for PR on the 23rd and won't be back until the end of April. I planned on being finished and moved in by now, but considering life's little setbacks, over all I'm pretty happy with the progress. Cheers, Mike

View attachment 139264 View attachment 139265 View attachment 139266 View attachment 139268 View attachment 139269

NICE . . . . . . . This time, try to stay off those nasty ladders. Cheers

Definitely looking nice, glad you are doing better now, and to bad you did not get it finished and put into use. Have some fun over the winter.

NICE . . . . . . . This time, try to stay off those nasty ladders. Cheers

I'm trying keep my eye's open and move a little more carefully. Even the thick ones like me learn eventually. Have a great Thanksgiving Harry. Cheers, Mike

Thanks Ken, and I'm going to slow down a little for the winter, have a fair amount to do to get the house ready to sell. Probably be cutting back from 50hr weeks to around 30. I realize My work schedule is pretty much self inflicted, but old habits die hard, and I have a few major things left to do, that I need to get done before I'm to old to do them. You have a great winter yourself.

Thanks Paco. How did the surgery go? Well I hope. Cheers, Mike

Back