A brighter future

Post puller attachment for a skid loader:

image.jpeg

Hay feeder:
image.jpeg

Brick maker/log splitter:
image.jpeg
Clever little device for making bricks like those to the right. They are made from material such as cotton burs, straw, etc mixed with water and flour. They can then be burned for fuel. The upper right brick is adobe (clay & straw). It also doubles as a log splitter.

Workbench:
image.jpeg
How many of us wouldn't love to have that in our shop?

Pergola and fire pit:
image.jpeg
The girls built the pergola/swing. The boy built the fire pit.

Not just young men, there are some pretty talented young ladies as well!
OK TJ. I had only seen the first two pictures but clearly the young ladies are impressive too. We would have a lot fewer problems in this country with more people like that. Hats off to all the people that are involved.

I am amazed at the scale of those projects. It makes the high school airplane build class I am teaching pale by comparison.

Very impressive, those kids are learning by doing- and boy are they doing!
Mark

Very impressive. I just realized that you are in the area I grew up. Little place called Gruver. We did some stuff when I was in school and from what I understand they do more now. But no Machining. Often times it was make what you needed or do without, So you got creative at times. but what those kids made looks like a professional shop made them.

Very impressive. I just realized that you are in the area I grew up. Little place called Gruver. We did some stuff when I was in school and from what I understand they do more now. But no Machining. Often times it was make what you needed or do without, So you got creative at times. but what those kids made looks like a professional shop made them.

Glad to know there's a Greyhound in our midst!;)

Our program has come a long way since I was in school. They take advantage of a lot of the government auctions that are only open to other governmental agencies. This has allowed them to get a lot of equipment that otherwise would be out of reach.

This is very impressive! But I can’t help wondering where the money comes from. In our towns here, we have to combine up to 3 or 4 high schools just to have enough money for sports uniforms. I can’t imagine what sort of financial gymnastics would be required in order to fund a single Miller welder that needed a trailer. Let alone all the other stuff.

Back