A brighter future

FFA is not simply a " class at school " . It is a national organization that you can think of as similar to 4H clubs and to a large degree self funding . They have " slave auctions " where local businesses and community people buy the services of a FFA member for a period of time , sell garden seedlings that they start , auction projects such as above after completion ect.. The quality of the local FFA will be highly dependent on the quality of the local instructor/coordinator and the level of community support that they can rally behind the program .

Being in Canada, I had no idea what "FFA" was, so I decided to look it up.
It took a few minutes of poking around at their website to discover that it stands for "Future Farmers of America".
Here's a web site: https://www.ffa.org/home

It looks like a fantastic organization based on the results above!

-brino

I know what is funding the school in my home time now is what they get off the Wind generator farms in the county. There are a lot of them and they have funded even building new buildings for school gym etc. I know some of the stuff they build is also sold at auctions, to help pay for other stuff. From what I understand one of the big framers left his estate to the school and if the kids work the farm during high school so many hours a year, Summer after school etc, the estate pays most of the 4 year degree at West Tx A&M in Canyon Tx. With they had that when I was in school.

I apologize for being the one to send this thread in a different direction. These kids, and what they are doing is awesome. I applaud them, and am very glad to see the engineering talents of young Americans in action. I’ve not been one to think negatively of the future, but it’s definitely good to see my faith in humanity has merit. These kids, and those who are guiding them should be recognized more often. Thank you very much for posting.

I apologize for being the one to send this thread in a different direction. These kids, and what they are doing is awesome. I applaud them, and am very glad to see the engineering talents of young Americans in action. I’ve not been one to think negatively of the future, but it’s definitely good to see my faith in humanity has merit. These kids, and those who are guiding them should be recognized more often. Thank you very much for posting.
I never thought for an instant you were negative, rather I thought you asked a relevant question about the funding . I happened to have some experience with FFA, though my school didn't offer it back in the stone age when I attended , so I answered as best as I could explain how it works .

I didn't take it negatively either. In fact, I was expecting someone to bring up the funding question. We are lucky to have a very supportive community when it comes to things like this, who help through fundraisers, donations, etc. We have a wonderful advisor/ag teacher who teaches the skills. These projects are "commissioned" by someone who needs the equipment. They supply the materials and the kids build them. The welding trailer pictured above was built as a fundraiser and was auctioned off at the event where I took the photos. Basically, many things are possible when a community gets behind it. That's one of the many reasons I like living in a small town.

fabulous! thanks for sharing. Texas certainly is a very diverse place - we through from north eastern New Mexico and then Lubbock on our way down to San Antonio for our move and the change in scenery was fascinating. I loved seeing all the wind turbines amongst the nodding donkeys (pump jacks).

Back