A Complete 13.8 Volt, 50 Amp Power Supply

Hi Petros. Thanks for your help. My call sign is VE2BJZ. Soon I will use the PSU for a linear amplifier (solid state) It will draw an peak current of 80 amps.
In the picture you will see 2 transformers each one is designed to run at 30 amps continuous duty. The 4 caps total 28,000 mfd. The circuit is well thought out and works like a charm. Also you may see a small circuit board above the main board, this is a pwm controller for the the 4 fans. In Canada we usually use 120 volts however i have the 2 primaries connected in series so I may run 240 volts as this is available in my shack. ( no light dimming when I key up the amplifier). Take care and thanks again for the good documentation.IMG_20191217_2348343.jpgIMG_20191217_2259076.jpgIMG_20191216_1920165.jpg

Hi.
I want to build simalar psu for 12v,5v, and 3.3v using simalar circuit like this design.
I was really happy to find this design at the beginning. Later I started to study the circuit. Then I realized mc3423 and lm741 working voltage limits.. I also don't want to power the ICs with external power. I was really happy, this circuit was almost ready to use directly.
Do you have any suggestions?

How many amperes you need?
This is a high amperage circuit!
If you need something that provides a few amps use a computer PSU

I need 12v 10a,5v 20a,3.3v 20a.
I want to try a linear ps.
For 3.3v and 5v, I think protection circuits won't gonna work.
I reaaly liked this design, It has protection units. Your documentation is very detailed and good.
I am looking protection circuit to implement to this design but no luck..

I think that a cheap (around 20 Euros) ATX Computer PSU around 500 Watts will give you all the voltages and currents you need
Check localy or ebay
You can have something like:
+3.3V 26A
+5V 27A
+12V1 22A
If you check specifications, most of them have some sort of short circuit and overload protection circuits.

Petros

I know atx psu give that voltages and currents. But they are noisy. I am already using them. I tried 12v linear psu with very good results. So I want to build linear 5v 20a and 3.3v 20a power supply. I want only linear psu, not switching. Of course there are good designed switching psu. But I couldn't see any.. So I want only linear psu..

Ok, I will try to email him.
Can I ask you something about this design?
I am trying to find transformer secondary minimum voltage. Is there any voltage drop across the pass transistors?

Back