In Memorium: Bob Korves

We just have such a great group of folks here, don't we?!

I too was just thinking about Bob the other day and wondering what was up, so thank you Jeff for the update.

Bob, if you are reading this, I wish you the best and a quick resolution to your medical difficulties. We are all pulling for you!

Bob, here's to a strong recovery and a welcome return!

Bob has always been a great contributor to this forum and a wealth of information. Wish you the best and thankful for the contributions you have made to others.

It has been my pleasure to have taught 2 classes to the Sacramento group at Jim Georges shop and Bob attended them. He was such a gentleman, I loved the group of his friends and his company. I have had some issues lately myself and know how life can treat you. I pray You get better Bob and please know many of us are thinking of you. We are so lucky we can call you a friend! Rich

Bob wrote on Page 2 and 3. He asked about the color of my hair...lol I had dyed it and it went from grey to red.. LOL

Last edited:
When I joined this site in 2017 Bob was one of the main contributors, well respected and a wealth of knowledge which he was more than willing to share but I noticed his lack of daily participation for the last 2-3 years , always wished he was alright and just too busy with other hobbies ,I hope he gets well soon , we may not show it but those of us who knew who you were, miss you , get well soon Bob.

Thanks for the update on Bob... Bob has always been an encyclopedia of information, and a good guy. I hope you have a quick recovery Bob.
Boy no kidding, about the encyclopedia of knowledge.
We drove up to Lake Almanor together to check out the surface grinder.
This gave us a while to get acquainted.
He was in auto parts for years and he was a cook in a restaurant for a while.
He was quite the glider pilot in his day.
They would take off from the Vacaville/Fairfield area and fly up to the Oregon border. This would take hours. This is several hundred miles.
At one point he said, I use to swoop down to wave at hikers on Mt Lassen.
I thought that was pretty cool

Back