A few of my tractors

Here's my 58 Farmall Cub. I use it for removing snow, mowing, lifting, and digging. I don't know what I would do without it.
View attachment 319759
I love the front end loader!!!

I have never had a Gravely but I have had an Italian BCS 2 wheel tractor for about 25 years now (Tractor is about 50 years old). It is about due for a tear down, repaint and fix all the little things that have been neglected.

In my previous post I mentioned I wasn't a fan of plowing snow, and would rather use a blower. I must admit I've done my share of plowing, but it's been mainly on paved roads rather than drives and sidewalks. To better explain the use of the plow I'll give a little background information.

First off we live in a cul de sac in snow country. It's plowed regularly, but rather than plowing snow into everyone's drive the plow driver goes around the circle clockwise and makes a big pile in the center of the circle. Secondly we like to take our motorhome to warmer climates a few weeks each winter. If we get large or numerous snowfalls the pile in the circle quickly gets larger and larger in diameter. After a while there's no room for the motorhome to navigate through the mess and into the drive.

To solve the problem I built a small end loader as a project. The first attachment was of course a bucket. Later I decide to modify an existing scraper blade and use it as a snow plow. I use the plow to reduce the diameter and increase the height of the pile until there's enough room for the motorhome to pass by and enter the drive.

With the change in the weather the last couple years it hasn't seen much use, but here are a few pictures from pastDcp00342.jpgDcp00423.jpgDcp00488A.jpgDCP00725.JPGDCP00729.JPG.

In my previous post I mentioned I wasn't a fan of plowing snow, and would rather use a blower. I must admit I've done my share of plowing, but it's been mainly on paved roads rather than drives and sidewalks. To better explain the use of the plow I'll give a little background information.

First off we live in a cul de sac in snow country. It's plowed regularly, but rather than plowing snow into everyone's drive the plow driver goes around the circle clockwise and makes a big pile in the center of the circle. Secondly we like to take our motorhome to warmer climates a few weeks each winter. If we get large or numerous snowfalls the pile in the circle quickly gets larger and larger in diameter. After a while there's no room for the motorhome to navigate through the mess and into the drive.

To solve the problem I built a small end loader as a project. The first attachment was of course a bucket. Later I decide to modify an existing scraper blade and use it as a snow plow. I use the plow to reduce the diameter and increase the height of the pile until there's enough room for the motorhome to pass by and enter the drive.

With the change in the weather the last couple years it hasn't seen much use, but here are a few pictures from pastView attachment 319853View attachment 319854View attachment 319855View attachment 319856View attachment 319857.

Very cool! Do you have any build pics?

This is some cool stuff! Why do we not have a dedicated "show us your tractor" thread????
Robert

I'm sure there are some hidden around here someplace. At one time I was a member of the Machine Builders Network. There were literally hundreds of build pictures in the photo gallery on that site. Unfortunately the owner of the site passed away and the site has changed hands several times. The site is currently in disarray and all but non functional. All the old photos have been lost.

The machine is my version of a CadTrac. It's a 4wd articulated wheel loader built along the lines of plans available from Cadplans.com

https://cadplans.com/products/cadtrac-1500

I didn't like their machine, so I used the basic plans and made mine longer, heavier, and capable of lifting more weight. It took over 6 months to redraw the plans, and another 2 years to source the materials and build the basic machine. Once the machine was built I added a log splitter, forks, and a snow plow.

Those tractors look like real classics! It's awesome that you have a piece of your grandfather's legacy with the Standard Walsh and David Bradley Tri-Trac.

Those tractors look like real classics! It's awesome that you have a piece of your grandfather's legacy with the Standard Walsh and David Bradley Tri-Trac.
Using the David Bradley Super Power and 600 for practical jobs while keeping the others for show is a great way to preserve their history. Cutting wood with the David Bradley and cordwood saw sounds like a productive day on the farm. Thanks for sharing these photos, and it's clear you have a passion for vintage tractors. If you ever decide to explore more about these tractors or need any advice, you can check out used plant and machinery dealers at https://www.machinerydealer.co.uk. They might have valuable insights for you.

Back