A few questions on new mill purchase

Would I ever regret not having a bench mill (can't imagine I would)? I don't want to buy twice.
Short answer, if you can afford a knee, then get it and you will not regret it. The PM935TV is a great mill, and still manageable weight and size wise. I had a benchtop mill similar in size to the 932 and out grew it in ~4 years. It was my first mill and I could do a lot with it, but ultimately I am much happier with a full size (9x42) knee mill with a factory VFD/motor. Lots of options/brands when you go to a full size mill, for not much more than the 935 (but a full size knee is a lot heavier). The only down side I can see is if you plan to convert/do CNC at some future point, then a smaller bench top mill is easier to convert over, but then there are other options. Most knee mills will top out at around 4200-5000 RPM, so a wide speed range. A number of 935 mill owners went with the 3 phase 935TS belt mill and added a VFD, but the 935TV single phase is plug and play. I also feel a knee mill probably holds it value better over time.

Well I went and picked this up this weekend. I think it should serve me well. Probably can't post in the Asian mill section anymore! Now to figure out how to run it, and get it where it needs to be.
IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0096.JPG

Great looking machine. Just read they were made in Canada.

Back