A few 'what is this' items...

682bear

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I just acquired a large lot of machine tooling... there are a few things that I am not sure what they are.

#1: These are labeled 'hydraulic swivel valves'... I can sort of understand what that means, but was looking for any additional info about them.

20181108_144209.jpg

#2: I'm not sure... and can't even guess...

20181108_144229.jpg

#3: These both have 2 pieces of HSS ground at odd angles, one on each side... again, I don't have a clue

20181108_144257.jpg

#4: This looks like some sort of knife or blade that might be used for shaving wood?

20181108_144320.jpg

#5: I found a pic of this on the internet, it was called a 'thread chaser head' or something like that... it had 2 micrometer heads mounted to it at right angles. I didn't get any micrometer heads with this... not sure what it is used for... thoughts?

20181108_144914.jpg

#6: Some sort of wire crimper?

20181108_145158.jpg

#7: Wild guess... some type of pipe expanders or reamers? Ridgid brand... labeled 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4, IIRC...

20181108_145321.jpg

#8: Obviously an expanding cutter/reamer of some sort, but maybe for a specific type of work?

20181108_150734.jpg

Looking for any info on all this junk...

Thanks- Bear

#2 looks like gear selectors for manual transmission, or possibly in a gear head lathe.

#6 is either crimpers or wire strippers, just depends on the action when squeezed.

#7 are pipe nipple extractors for removing broken off pipe.

#3 look like some kind of fly cutters. Maybe for circular grooving and other profiles.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

2 looks like pump pistons for a floor jack
3 looks like trepanning tools
8 looks like Lempco reamers, used for finish reaming some automotive maintainance job

#3 The top one looks like counterbore for trepanning a groove for a seal most likely an O-ring. The bottom one could be a hole cutter for a specific size.
#6 definitely a crimping tool most likely for crimping stops on wire cable. The holes are round in shape so would not work for joining ferrals. Not for insulated wire terminals either.
#8 Could be mandrels? Cutting edges would not be opposed like that.

yup, you are totally right about #2 John, doh!

#3 The top one looks like counterbore for trepanning a groove for a seal most likely an O-ring. The bottom one could be a hole cutter for a specific size.
#6 definitely a crimping tool most likely for crimping stops on wire cable. The holes are round in shape so would not work for joining ferrals. Not for insulated wire terminals either.
#8 Could be mandrels? Cutting edges would not be opposed like that.
#8 are definitely reamers, the opposed spirals are inherent in the design of Lempco reamers, I also have some of them, they are for fine finish reaming.

#6 is a crimper for AMP Mate-n-lok pins used in industrial electrical connections. New, it costs over $350. There are three different combinations of connector pins vs wire gage that can be crimped with the set of dies. Pop the dies out of the handle and you can use with other dies for other pins/wire gages. TE connectivity (formerly Tyco) bought the brand from Amp Special Industries a decade or so ago.

2 looks like pump pistons for a floor jack
3 looks like trepanning tools
8 looks like Lempco reamers, used for finish reaming some automotive maintainance job

Geez... I knew #2 looked familiar... but just couldn't place it... now I know...

The reamers in #8 are Lempco reamers... I have 3 of them, the largest one is probably 1 3/4 inch or so and covered with a thick wax.

#7 is broken pipe extractors... that makes sense... looks like they would work pretty good for that.

#6 is an electrical connection crimper...

Thanks, guys, any more info is appreciated...

-Bear

#8 are definitely reamers, the opposed spirals are inherent in the design of Lempco reamers, I also have some of them, they are for fine finish reaming.
Thanks for that. I've never seen or heard of a Lemco brand reamer. Learn something new every day.

Back