• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

A good Decision

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

MonkMan

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I'm glad I put Air Conditioning in my shop IMG_2219.JPG

Cheeseking

Active User
You bet it was!! Not only for your comfort but to keep your tools and machines from rusting to pieces. Unless you live in AZ or keep a garage climate controlled 24/7/365

jdedmon91

I have one in my shop. This picture is before I insulated and walled the shop this winter.

It was in the high 90’s here in NC this week. So it is as needed as heat probably more so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandyM

Staff member
Got a tech coming today. Mine needs some attention. Gotta stay comfy in the shop or it is no fun.

Stay cool everyone.

f350ca

Active User
H-M Supporter-Donating Member
We had 39 C (102F) the other day, almost unheard of here. Dug the portable air conditioner for the house out of storage, hadn't needed it for 2 or 3 years. Plugged it in and nothing, opened it up and found mice had destroyed the wiring. Had to make a run to town for a replacement. The machine shop was at 18C (64 F) at the beginning of the heat wave, its climbed up to 20 C (68 F). It has 8 inch thick walls, insulation in the ceiling below the cabinet shop and well shaded with big trees. Been spending a lot of time out there these days.

Greg

T Bredehoft

Active User
Our "lower level" AKA basement houses our living room and my shop. Outside it's 89º, with the heat index it's 100º. our living room is 75º, quite comfortable. Upstairs, where my wife is reading right now, the AC is set at 81º, she often wears a shawl while reading. I can just barely stand it up there.

[6]
[5] [7]