A good example of a bad idea

markknx

Active User
Registered
This video shows how not to use step clamps. He was pretty lucky. I'm not trying to pick on this guy, he just never got the proper training. If only he had come to a forum like this one and asked how do I do this. Well maybe someof the rest of you guys will have some vids or stories to share. Mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlUA9WUas-A

Oww. The internet can be dangerous place in terms of misinformation. It pays to check your information.

To his credit, he did run a red box with the information that the clamps were incorrectly setup due to bolt length problems...Should have waited til he had correct length bolts before filming tho.

Wow. Don't know what else to say. Would somebody who lives over there please go over and show him the right way to use them?

Double side tape would help...lol once i fwd to his set up..

Someone suggested using Jo blocks to support the other end of the toe clamps. Things that make you go hmmm...

My toes were curling as he held on to it! The opposable thumb is much too valuable to risk doing that sort of work!

My first thought was why hasn't he deleted the video after realizing his embarrassing mistake, but kudos to him for leaving it up as an example of how not to do it...

Bernard

I think one of my favorite parts is when he said I would put more clamps on if I had them. Too bad they were still on order, or we could have seen him use 4 clamps wrong. He was very lucky the end mill did not snag and pull the part up and spin it.

Back