A Heads Up (MUST READ)

Hmm. As a newbie here, I must have missed some drama... yet ANOTHER SCAMMER? Or just unethical businessman.

If you google his name you'll find a bunch of complaints from his previous dealings. There's a pretty bad review of him on Modern Machinist, and I did read posts where he was actually fighting with someone that bought a machine from him. He did business on ebay, but now he has a bunch of other people doing it in their names on the site, maybe he was kicked off, but I don't know for sure. Anything you see for sale anywhere with the location as Plainville, Ct or close to it, is probably one of his, and it's a buyer beware thing. I know of one guy on this site that bought a Bridgeport lead screw from him on ebay and got the wrong screw sent. He was worried about getting the right one or his money back because he bought it on ebay. I believe he did get the right one after I saw his post about the problem and gave him the phone number to contact him. Maybe that was an exception, but his name comes up often associated with bad customer service enough for me to shy away from him. Being close to where he is I have the opportunity to deal with him personally, but I'd rather not. I know Plaza Machinery in Vermont is well known for having hard to find machinery and parts, and since Joe passed his son has started up the business again, and when I saw the similarities in the 2 web site names I just thought people on this site needed to know. As you see with some of the posts he's pretty well known, and disliked.

Last edited:
Kind of changing the subject, has anyone heard anymore on Plaza Machinery reopening?

I asked his son for list. He said the list is not updated and it will take time for him to get one together. He told me it's best to just ask what I want adn he'd check their stock.
So I guess you could say they are back in business.

I answered a local craigslist ad, suggesting the equipment was near me, but when I called, it was in CT. Pretty sure it was him.

what I find interesting is how little info each item has .. NOTHING other than the title. I looked at an item. An mT2 er32.. no draw bar spec, no indication if it's hardened, run out. How can you order when there's nothing to go by?

Back