A interesting bit of history ...

That whole series of pictures show women doing certain jobs, nice and clean, yeah, right. There's a picture of woman at the controls of a brand new Warner Swasey turret lathe. Not a chip anywhere! Definitely staged.
Staged or not...logic says pics showing a beautiful woman in 'clean' surroundings brought in plenty of additional workers. It also conserves a positive image ~75+ years later, better than any lesser propaganda. Women used this as a springboard to independence and job satisfaction, while the male population carried the war effort [again though, not on their own].
Need proof? We're still saluting the same flag, under same oath, in same language as written.
Had Rosie not bucked rivets, we all might be bucking dictators instead.
My shop has a little museum. One full corner dedicated to 'Rosie". It generates more conversations than the rest, including 105 tons of machinery.

Thank you, gentlemen!

We need an archive of pictures of you and your machines. That'll make history too.

To my eye, it looks more like a 6" Pratt & Whitney vertical shaper (I have one) I'm going by the diameter of the rotary table, mine is 18" diameter and I think the 12" was a good bit larger. Also, the clapper box is the same size as mine.
Of course you have one :)

Back