A Lawnmower Punch Press

More work done today. I really can't be working on this every day!

I'm going to try to reuse the original bearings.

Crudely cutting them out:

Bearings (2).JPG

Bearings (3).JPG

One Bearing Free.

Bearings (4).JPG

Bearings (7).JPG

Second bearing free!

Bearings (8).JPG

Two Free Bearings. :grin: I'll clean them up some other day.

Bearings (11).JPG

Tools used:

$9.99 Harbor Freight Angle Grinder.

Bearings (13).JPG

Yard Vice:

Bearings (14).JPG

I know you’re well on your way down this path, but I saw this at work and thought of this thread. This thing, with a custom die, a pneumatic cylinder of about 8 inch stroke, and a manual air valve would cut out your parts faster than you could toggle the lever on the valve. Maybe rig the lever up to a reciprocal saw blade that also drives a set of feed rollers, and go full Rube Goldberg. Ofc, you'd have to source that stuff, but something tells me if anyone could, it’d be you.

Attachments

• 5B3BB228-4287-4ECE-AC33-AAE05A7717FC.jpeg
    5B3BB228-4287-4ECE-AC33-AAE05A7717FC.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 13
This thing, with a custom die, a pneumatic cylinder of about 8 inch stroke, and a manual air valve would cut out your parts faster than you could toggle the lever on the valve.

That's a great idea. There's only one small problem.

I don't have one of those. :grin:

Reactions: rwm
That's a great idea. There's only one small problem.

I don't have one of those. :grin:
You would if you built one! Side plate and pin design, maybe? That type would be cheaper to buy steel for.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

A friend of mine recently closed his shop. He's got three of those flywheel presses he'd sell. One of them is pretty large. He made parts for a well-known large electrical company (his grandfather started the business in the '30s) until they pulled his contract and moved production to....China. Saves 'em a dollar on a part he charged $1.87 a unit for making.

Back