A little rant to make me feel better

Ok, kids now day and even some adults, Oh I cannot do anything because the power is out, They cannot make change because they cannot figure out how to count, add and subtract to get the right total and give you money back. use to right what was purchased on a pad, then make change, better yet give them an old time cash register box, where they had to punch in each amount, and it did not do change. just a total. Want to confuse the heck out of one now days, purchase something, give them a five, then as they are starting to do change, give them the change so that all they would do is give you bills. Oh I have had some that refused and just gave you the change they made and would not except your change and give you a bill because the register (them more likely) could not handle that transaction.

Also remember at the end of you shift you had to count your money to include all the change. Use to be able to grab all the change from the slot in the drawer split it in to each hand then count it as fast as my hands could spit it out one coin at a time. Then put the total down and go to the next one. Now days if they even count the coins it would be a miracle. One place I went to they only weight the different coins in the holders.
Ok, I'm off my soap box.

"Who writes proposed legislation ????"

It's really sad when your representative is too dumb/lazy to remove their abstract page from the front, and the whole world gets to see that you're ALEC's slave.

Get the money of out of politics by destroying the campaign finance model, and watch how quickly everything else gets resolved.

The west out here this summer has been really dry and we are having lots of forest fires. Both the sun and the moon are red and there is a constant haze. The Columbia Gorge is one of the most beautiful areas of the country. Last Saturday, some kids got their kicks by throwing fire crackers near the trail at Eagle Creek and started a fire. Last that I heard is 10,000 acres of beautiful woods have been consumed, I84 is closed, people had to evacuate their homes, and the fire jumped the Columbia river into Washington. I live 150 miles east. The town is covered with smoke and both I my wife and I got headaches because of breathing the:mad: stuff. My son works for a helicopter company and all they been doing is putting out one fire after another. So I'm worried about him. Well, I guess that's enough rant. I just had to get this off my chest.

I live about 7 miles SW of the leading edge of the Eagle Creek fire. Was afraid that I might have to evacuate last night. Visibility is about a 1/2 mile because of the smoke. That fire ran about 15 miles west last night with the 35 mph east winds. Winds are calm now, but tomorrow they are going to shift to westerly. I suspect Pendleton is going to get a lot more smoke.

Hopefully those kids are going to get more than a slap on the wrist.

Kinda like that here breathing smoke for the last two weeks, but here a lot of the smoke is people's
pot farms burning :confused:, come to think of it I've been feeling kinda strange lately :big grin:

I live about 7 miles SW of the leading edge of the Eagle Creek fire. Was afraid that I might have to evacuate last night. Visibility is about a 1/2 mile because of the smoke. That fire ran about 15 miles west last night with the 35 mph east winds. Winds are calm now, but tomorrow they are going to shift to westerly. I suspect Pendleton is going to get a lot more smoke.

Hopefully those kids are going to get more than a slap on the wrist.
Oh (dirty word). Be safe my friend.

Back