A Little Tooling Score/gloat

Bellwether

Active User
Registered
IMG_0984.JPG IMG_0985.JPG IMG_0986.JPG IMG_0987.JPG IMG_0988.JPG I've been on the look out for a larger vice and a more sturdy rotary table and found a pallet full of tooling on Ebay for under $700 with local pickup only. It consisted of a 10' Yuasa rotary table, 6" jet rotary table, Kurt D60 vise, magnetic chuck, dividing head, arbor press, x-y table, and a random lathe tailstock, possibly logan. All of the items had been well neglected and had heavy surface rust on the exposed metal parts, but all were fully functional after some heavy rust and gunk removal. I had time over the weekend to fully clean up the vise and repaint it. it turned out pretty good, I think, now on to clean up the big rotary table. One the I did notice is that the MT3 insert is missing from the center of it. It looks like I'll have to contact Yuasa to get a new one since I haven't been able to find one anywhere else.

Score big time. I'm sure by cleaning up and selling a few unwanted items you can even re-coup some of that $700.

My 8" Yuasa copy rotary table does not have a taper bore, rather a smooth ground ID, of unknown size at the moment.

Nice wish the rust gods would send some my way. The tools look great oh well the old ones need work but if you set outside and weren't covered you would look as bad. Like the others you did good. Resell the stuff you don't need bet you can get half or better back . Good luck

Thanks, guys. the vise in now working perfectly and I'll be making a new handle for the big rotary table today. The vise was the worst off of them all and I'm really happy with how it came out so everything else ought to be no problemo! Wait, the dividing head is pretty rough, maybe I'll work on that today. In any case, I have my work cut out for me. I'm not sure that I want to sell any of this stuff, but I will be selling my 4" Wilton mill vise and my 6" Benchmaster rotary table.

Full size pics would of been nice , thumbnails no good

Full size pics would of been nice , thumbnails no good

Are you not able to click on the thumbnail pics, which then make the photo expand into a very large photo? That's what works for me anyway.

Not with this new software, thumbnail pics take on average 3 min to go large if at all.
The old software would load thumbnails much faster, also other forum sites load thumbnails good.

I too get that sometimes here...takes many minutes for a thumbnail to enlarge.

It took my system 85 seconds to load the pictures. If you'd reduce them to 72 dots per inch (DPI) and 8 inches wide, they'd open in a flash.

Back