A little zero turn mower repair...

FOMOGO

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Picked up this mower for free last year. Think I posted on getting it up and running. Anywho, was out cutting my three foot grass yesterday and the mower clutch kept dropping out. Found the wires were coming loose in the heavy brush, so today I got after it. figured out a way to get it up on the lift, which made life so much easier. shortened up the kludged up mess someone had made of the wires, and made up a little skid plate to protect the wiring, and welded some tabs on it to hold them in place. The welds look like crap, as I had the mig gun stretched to the max, being too lazy to get out the big extension cord. While I had it up in the air I went ahead and touched up the blades with With a flap disc. Back to mowing after lunch. Cheers, Mike

IMG_20220622_120024526_HDR.jpgIMG_20220622_120250687_HDR.jpgIMG_20220622_120303235_HDR.jpgIMG_20220622_133521851_HDR.jpgIMG_20220622_135930788_HDR.jpgIMG_20220622_140008189_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I've grown to like it more that my two post. Seems to be a lot more versatile. Mike

How does that lift climb?
Is it a pulley/cable/winch arrangement?

I really could use one of those.

Hyd. cylinder operates pulley cable system, and 110 motor runs hyd. pump. This one I ordered extra long ,and wide. It was under $2K when I got it a few years ago. I really like the fact that it is easily moved from place to place. Mike

You have TWO lifts!? very jealous here…….
I don’t know which is more “you suck” inducing…..two lifts or the space for two lifts + shop + them beautiful doors….hog heaven IMHO.

I don’t know which is more “you suck” inducing…..two lifts or the space for two lifts + shop + them beautiful doors….hog heaven IMHO.
When a mere single lift just won't do it.
Those things have gone way up in price, as has everything it seems.
I guess I would have to fabricate one.

I have a Hustler zero radius mower with a 4-cylinder Ford engine in it, and it is so heavy that I can't get under it to service the blades and such.

Back