A Micrometer Carriage Stop for the Atlas Lathe, with drawings

The numbers on the barrel will be upside down unless you have a left hand lathe. :confused:

Bill: I took a pic of the carriage stop on my dads lathe and posted it above.

Tom

Oops. For some reason I can no longer edit the post. Paul, can you add the following pic to my original post?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops. For some reason I can no longer edit the post. Paul, can you add the following pic to my original post?

Tom, about all you can do is add it in a reply to your own post. I wont be able to edit it, if you cant. Maybe Nelson can.

Nice work Tom ;)

Tom, about all you can do is add it in a reply to your own post. I wont be able to edit it, if you cant. Maybe Nelson can.

Nice work Tom ;)

Thanks Paul.

It looks like Tony added the pic. (Thanks Tony!)

Tom

No problem, Tom. Just took a little juggling, and presto! Moved picture.

Mayhem,

The stop just clamps on the way, it doesn't contact the rack. My Hardinge isn't a gap bed, but it has a stop that spans the ways from front to back. You may be able to use something like that on yours.

Tom

Anyone know if there are any of these being offered for sale ?? Don't have access to a mill or other accessories needed to turn one out myself. For now I just have the Atlas 10100 Mk.2. Thanks.

Years ago when I had different jobs with repetitive cuts or grooves . I built a stop , the block mounted on top of the qcgb , I milled slots in the 12" bar at 1" intervals , the block had a spring nosed set screw , on the end of the rod I had it set up so a 1" dial caliper could be adjusted to match the slots used as stops in the block. Work easy and stayed put. Only needed to be turned to release the slot from the plunger. So set up was quick. Hard to explain without pictures

I like the square boss you left for the witness mark, looks very professional.

Tom

Back