A new dog in my future? What have I done?

You, or she, made a great choice, Goldens are great friends.

Congratulations on the dog and the hard working daughter!

You could have taken it as an opportunity to teach her how government works: shown her some pictures of cute puppies then bought yourself a new mill. :p

At 5yrs old now has it gone thru obedience classes yet, best thing for the dog , better for the owner

Just tracking this thread now.
Good job!!

Added bonus is that if she has responsibilities for feeding, grooming, going with to the vet, picking up after, etc, it will teach her life long responsibilities.

Daryl
MN

Just remind her she needs to help with its care and feeding cleaning its a long haul owning a dog . We have a runt terrier mix who now is 15 years old but he's been the best dog ever.

Dog is God spelled backwards, I've had twelve in my life so far, good luck with your puppy.

My daughter's elementary school scores kids on a 1 through 4 scale. 3 being satisfactory, 4 being exceptional. From what I understand, very few kids get fours. This is supposed to "give them something to strive for". She has been getting straight threes since she started school.

She's a huge animal lover, especially horses and dogs. She's been asking for another dog (in addition to our "dumb as a stump", but sweet and very well behaved Beagle) for almost a year. In a moment of lapse of judgment, whilst in realization that reading is vitally important, I told her if she scored a 4 in reading on her report card, I'd get her a Lab or a Golden Retriever. I said to myself "she'll never get a four - they just don't give 'em out".

Today the report card came home... Not one, not two, but three fours: A four in reading, a four in gym, and a four in science.

What have I done! I'm very proud of her and she worked hard to get those marks. I guess I have to put my money where my mouth is and get another dog... Did I put my foot in my mouth or what?

John
All for a very good reason. Be a proud Dad and buy the dog she wants.

JGeddie, Looks like your little daughter and her new dog have bonded already, A picture of happiness. A good reward for her hard work.

Back