A new dog in my future? What have I done?

Good job dad! You can never go wrong with a Labrador or a Golden Retriever! I had an AKC yellow lab, incredibly intelligent dog. The a lab/pointer mix that was a rescue dog and also a fantastic dog. The day I put the lab/pointer mix down I brought home our current dog, a Lab/pit mix from the shelter.

I hate to admit that I did not notice the dog was a lab/pit mix until she had been with us for over a week! I later read that when a Lab is bred with any other breed the Lab supposedly is always the dominant part of the dog.

I know I posted this thread six years ago, but I figured a follow up would be nice... Long story short, best idea. Cassie is 6 and my daughter is now 13. Cassie is a wonderful dog, is VERY well behaved. She happiest with an ear scratching and a ball in her mouth - best at the same time! Cassie and my daughter Emily (for whom the pup was purchased) are best of friends and are inseparable. While Cassie is loving and affectionate to us all, she is so much more devoted to Emily than anyone else. The dog worships the ground she walks on and it's obvious Emily is her favorite. She is very protective of her, and I don't worry about her when she goes out if the dog is with her.

John

Back