Registered
IMG_2933.JPG
IMG_2934.JPG
IMG_2935.JPG
IMG_2936.JPG
IMG_2937.JPG
IMG_2938.JPG
IMG_2939.JPG

Picked it up last night. :) Not sure if I posted the pictures correctly?

Last edited:
I should have started another post, I'm sorry Alan.. :(

Pete

No problem Pete, glad yours is on this thread as well.

And yes, they gave you the proper one. Congratulations and you are going to like that saw for sure.

How did you get it out of your trailer? How was Elite Metals to deal with?

I backed my trailer up into the garage and put down some 1/2" rod I had laying around, the trailer pivots back, just slid the saw back trailer tilted down and off. I did have to have a couple of my delivery guys from work come over to help get it off the skid. LOL Elite was great, Matt had the saw and fork truck ready to go when I got there.. They are in the process of adding a show room for their products, glad I don't live to close to them I would be broke all of the time..

Okay Pete, sounds like you had a plan. If you keep buying equipment you are going to need an engine lift! That is one of Harbor Freight's best offerings when the 2 tonner is on sale.

Hahaha no doubt. I rented one for a case of beer when I bought a 700lb cold saw years ago, sure did come in handy. Tonight I'm going to install the screw style vise and verify 8lbs of head pressure and put that puppy to work!..

Heed Paco's advice and break the blade in. See Paco's advice in post #5 above.

I should have started another post, I'm sorry Alan.. :(

Pete

Your wish is my command.

I like the new saw Pete. You are going to love it. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Randy, Sorry bout that. And thanks Alan I'll go easy for the 10 mins. or so. Do you guys just slow the head down with the hydraulic cylinder when breaking in a new blade or just hand hold the head? I'm going from a 4 x 6 saw so this saw is a whole new ball game for me. :)

Thanks in advance
Pete

Thanks Randy, Sorry bout that. And thanks Alan I'll go easy for the 10 mins. or so. Do you guys just slow the head down with the hydraulic cylinder when breaking in a new blade or just hand hold the head? I'm going from a 4 x 6 saw so this saw is a whole new ball game for me. :)

Thanks in advance
Pete

You're welcome. No harm done.

I myself had good luck just using the control on the feed cylinder turned down to a slow rate. But then, I am in no hurry and rarely push the saw hard anyway.

Back