A poor man’s quick change tool holder rack

Takes some heavy angle to hold my CXA holders. Even some of my BXA holders are heavy. Great simple idea. I bet I can make some 2" angle work. Thanks for sharing.

Ken

Takes some heavy angle to hold my CXA holders. Even some of my BXA holders are heavy. Great simple idea. I bet I can make some 2" angle work. Thanks for sharing.

Ken

The bracket is strong enough. 2” bracket should do for the BXA. I happened to have the piece of wood around in the garage. If I have to improve it, I will probably replaced the wood backing with some metal piece.

I have one similar, that I used full Alum angle then also took the Alum angle and attached it like you did. Also adjusted it so I had some wide areas for things like boaring bar holders, and my holder with my gage mounted in it, etc. Makes it a little heavier but figured it would hold up. Problem is it fills up to quick may have to redo it a put them a little closer together or make it a double row.

Here is another idea; this is mounted on my lathe's back bench, and there are racks on both sides, one on the back and the rest on the front with a small shelf for small tooling such as tool bits, small boring bars, etc. On a lathe at my shop that I sold, there is a similar one mounted on the lathe's headstock. Also shown are pictures of the lower part of the bench/cabinet showing storage for the lathe's accessories; the tool holders shown are Aloris CA size; I use the back side rack primarily for larger long boring pars and the die heads shown, I had the angle bars bent at a local fab shop in 48" lengths. And yes, I built the cabinet too -----

trip to tower park and lathe tool rack 021.JPG

trip to tower park and lathe tool rack 022 - Copy.JPG

trip to tower park and lathe tool rack 023.JPG

trip to tower park and lathe tool rack 024.JPG

trip to tower park and lathe tool rack 025.JPG

trip to tower park and lathe tool rack 026.JPG

trip to tower park and lathe tool rack 027.JPG

I picked up several 2 Local Currency Unit 10-packs of galvanised steel angle brackets from my local AldiLidl, they're perfect size for BX toolholders (dovetail sits on loosely but won't slip off), I intend to mount them to some galvanised Unistrut I scrounged when they were fitting new cable trays/raceways at the lab' - will pop some pics up once I get the Tuits (busy with son's motorbike and the New(to me) Big Compressor that someone else has already had a go at (result: start capacitor confetti...)

Dave H. (the other one)

Back