A Rider-Ericsson Hot Air Pumping Engine

Model Maker

Registered
Registered
This is the project that I am currently working on, I purchased the castings from Meyers in Ohio several months ago. I have some of the pieces finished but this is turning into a long term project. I'll post more photos as I go along.

Thanks for Looking

M M

IMG_0704.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the castings are made of Aluminum but they also include some steel pipe, copper pipe and elbow. Also included are six full size 23x35 inch drawings. So far so good but I have a long way to go and a lot of parts to make. I am trying to get the legs squared away so that I can bolt them to a piece of plate so that I have a stable platform to work from and build on.

M M

I did a little more work on the engine yesterday, got the legs under the table and bored the hole for the needle bearings in the flywheel support. Actually the boring job went rather easily and turned out very well with the bearings pressing in just right.

M M

Now its starting to look like a pump engine. The beam support was mounted and then the beam was fit to the top of the cylinder. This turning out to be a rather large model eventually growing to height of about 17" high.

Thanks for watching

M M

Yes the red stains are Layout Fluid, I don't usually clean it up until late in the project build and I probably use to much of it. It was used to layout the locations of the bolt holes for joining the two pieces.

I have now moved to some of the little brass pieces, I need to take more pictures of my setups, but I get in the "zone" and if things are going well I forget to stop for photographs.

M M

Back