• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE SUPPORT OUR FORUM - UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE!
[4]

A Scotty engine running

January Project of the Month [3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Joe P.

I'm going to show my ignorance here but on the plans what do the circled letters mean (S,C,P)?
C = close running fit
S = smooth polished finish
P = press fit

Click the link titled appendix at the bottom of the list of Elmer’s engine plans on John-Tom’s website.

Nice job on the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandyM

Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
C = close running fit
S = smooth polished finish
P = press fit

Click the link titled appendix at the bottom of the list of Elmer’s engine plans on John-Tom’s website.

Nice job on the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you please provide this link? I for the life of me can not find this as you described it.

Joe P.

RandyM

Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
The site has a lot of good information but the "Appendix" link mentioned was not easy to find. I missed it first time scrolling through the busy page.

Appendix
Thank you Dave. I did kinda rush job on looking for it, but wasn't really sure I was in the right place to start with. His description on locating it wasn't matching up well with the info on the page.

Sorry, but I find it a little irritating when people don't post links when it is so simple and easy to do. I was trying to find it so others wouldn't have to go stumbling around for it.

Thanks again.

[6]
[5] [7]