A Scotty engine running

tomw

Registered
Registered
Here is my most recent engine build. It is Elmer Verburg's Scotty engine. Plans are attached as 08_scotty.pdf

Running on about 5psi.

Neat engine, but a finicky build.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 08_scotty.pdf
    300.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to show my ignorance here but on the plans what do the circled letters mean (S,C,P)?

I'm going to show my ignorance here but on the plans what do the circled letters mean (S,C,P)?

C = close running fit
S = smooth polished finish
P = press fit

Click the link titled appendix at the bottom of the list of Elmer’s engine plans on John-Tom’s website.

Nice job on the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C = close running fit
S = smooth polished finish
P = press fit

Click the link titled appendix at the bottom of the list of Elmer’s engine plans on John-Tom’s website.

Nice job on the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you please provide this link? I for the life of me can not find this as you described it.

Can you please provide this link? I for the life of me can not find this as you described it.

The site has a lot of good information but the "Appendix" link mentioned was not easy to find. I missed it first time scrolling through the busy page.

Appendix

The site has a lot of good information but the "Appendix" link mentioned was not easy to find. I missed it first time scrolling through the busy page.

Appendix

Thank you Dave. I did kinda rush job on looking for it, but wasn't really sure I was in the right place to start with. His description on locating it wasn't matching up well with the info on the page.

Sorry, but I find it a little irritating when people don't post links when it is so simple and easy to do. I was trying to find it so others wouldn't have to go stumbling around for it.

Thanks again.

Back