A THIRD GoldWing!

Back in '75 I worked for Honda. Rumor was they ran 148mph. on a Japanese test track. I had one myself in '77. I put an electric fuel pump on mine. It made cold starting a lot easier. There are a couple of good sites explaining that mod. A guy on the net called Randak (? spelling) is a real Guru on those things. He sells a lot of upgrades for those old wings. Those carbs can be tricky, unlike other import carbs. and he explains it all quite well. Check him out.......Tom

Randakk (Randal Kennedy, I believe). I've absorbed his hints as well as Mike Nixons. And Pistol Pete lives about ten miles away from me. There are also two great forums dedicated to the old fat girls. Randakk actually sold the business, but the buyer appears to maintain the same quality. My carbs are finished and reassembled, but I'm waiting for headers so I can mount the mufflers before testing. Rear brakes all complete, but I need to order a new front reservoir as the old one is leaking. This has the rectangular reservoir like the '79 CB750F.

I guess your on top of it all. I sold mine just about a year ago. I no longer ride, but i kind of keep my hand in it as I am building a Kawasaki engine for my son. It will be a 1428cc engine that he will drag race in the super comp. class. That's an 8.90 index.

Tom, the 1428 cc sounds exciting, any chance that you might send a picture or two our way

Right now its a matter of rounding up and cleaning parts. Its based on the Kawasaki 1000 engine but with a big bore kit stretching it to 1428. I raced one like it back in the mid 80's and yes when i get some parts together i will post pics.

Is that the Kaw 1000 that was on so many police bikes? Never could figure out why they dropped that one. I understand retired motor officers have a strong affinity to them.

Yes its the same basic engine. I dont know why they dropped that one either. It got its start back in 1973 and I believe they made them till 2005. In the motorcycle racing game the Kawasaki 1000 is what the 350 Chevy is.

I drove a 1999 ZRX1100 for a few years and absolutely loved the engine.

Very smooth powerful engine. I am amazed how the Canadians ride all year long. Most of the riders in the U.S. are only fair weather riders. My hats off to y'all.

The only Canadians that I know who ride year round spend the winter in Florida.:)
My road riding season up here usually started in April and ended in October. Of course ice racing is a different story.

Back