A Variable Sensitivity Level.

Are you a beginner? Please explain.
Ariscats
I started my apprenticeship as a Millwright in 1969, Journryman in 1972, I worked at Mpls Honeywell 19 years as a machine repairman in the Avaionics and Ordnance divisions, then worked as a field service tech for the Engineering Dept at 3M as an
Optical alignment and mechanical tech. I retired as the instructor for the Millwrights Union. I had my own shop making straight edges and precision squares for machine rebuilders, I even made a few levels. I teach Hand scraping and machine rebuilding.
In my experience levels are at a stage that needs no improvement, you're making something more complcated that's already at a stage of very good.
Levels are a QUALITAVE tool, additions to make them QUANTITIVE exist but suffer from temperature changes to much. Optics began to be used in industry in WW2
to build aircraft ect. and have been used since, however the instruments are expensive at $33,000.00 for a basic scope. The reason optics are used is they provide a datum over a distance, something a level cannot do.

Back