A very special day

matthewsx

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
US manned space flight resumes today. Watching it from a laptop on top of my dad's old workbench.

John

Last edited:
:apologize:

Scrubbed for weather.

Screenshot from 2020-05-27 13-56-37.png

Try again Saturday....

Very interested in this but couldnt watch due to the hyp type breakfast tv presentation. Terrible and a shame.

Very interested in this but couldnt watch due to the hyp type breakfast tv presentation. Terrible and a shame.

I suppose they could have tried to make it more dry and scientific but I actually enjoyed the presentation. The nice thing about a webcast is you can skip to the parts you are interested in without watching those you're not, as long as you don't require it to be in real-time.

Here in the states we still have lots of families in lockdown so I imagine the biggest target audience was school kids stuck at home. I do agree some of the tweets with pets in costume were a little silly but there's an awful lot of time to fill when covering a live launch.

I have been known to watch the live feed straight from the ISS though, just seeing our beautiful planet from space is kinda special for me. My dad was an engineer working on the Apollo program when I was a kid so that makes this mission even more special while watching it on top of his workbench.

Cheers,

John

We had a very tiny announcement on our main news channel last night but I did manage to catch it all live.
Took me back to watching the moon landings very late at night oh so many years ago.
Its astounding how long ago that was.

What company is UTC?

Back