Abf Relocube To Move A Mill? Other Similar Options?

United Rental has a good deal on a low equipment trailer, should be able to cable wench it right in. They won't commit to what hitch the trailer in the yard will be in the yard, so may need a pintle. Realized later in the day that they probably rent one of those too, and they do. Have to find out if they have one there. Heck, I may just rent a 3/4 ton and be done with it. LOL, trailer is $129 a week, I can leave it in the trailer till I get back. A pallet jack is $208 a week. I've managed to contact a club member who at one time had a 6k lift crane truck, that's the option I'm hoping will come through.

Thanks all.

The "gotcha" in my experience is that I can rent a truck, and I can rent a trailer, but I cannot rent a truck to tow a rented trailer. I could not find anyone that would allow me to do that. So my only real choice would be a truck with a box on the back, good luck trying to get a heavy machine in there, not to mention backing it up a tight and curving driveway with trees close in on all sides...

Thank goodness for buddies like Ulma Doctor!

I just helped a fellow H-M member move a Bridgeport series 1 mill. We used a drop deck trailer and it was well worth the extra money it cost to rent.

United Rental has a good deal on a low equipment trailer, should be able to cable wench it right in. They won't commit to what hitch the trailer in the yard will be in the yard, so may need a pintle. Realized later in the day that they probably rent one of those too, and they do. Have to find out if they have one there. Heck, I may just rent a 3/4 ton and be done with it. LOL, trailer is $129 a week, I can leave it in the trailer till I get back. A pallet jack is $208 a week. I've managed to contact a club member who at one time had a 6k lift crane truck, that's the option I'm hoping will come through.

Thanks all.
Just buy a pallet jack rather than renting one for $208
Both Northern Tool and Harbor Freight sell them, IIRC I paid $189 on sale from Northern Tool. My mill and shaper overload the rating on the pallet jack by at least 1,000lbs (or is it 2,000lbs) with no issues. BTW, the local United Rental to me would not allow out of state transport of their trailer. Said that they had "issues".

On Edit, Northern Tool pallet jack on sale $50 off

39656_200x200.jpg
Video
Roughneck Pallet Truck — 4,400-Lb. Capacity
rating-4_7.gif (26)
Was $249.99
Sale $199.99

Mike

Last edited:
Back