About an update , Am I or Will I

Silverbullet

Registered
Registered
High all I haven't been on much even tho it's open in my tablet always. Think I last posted why am I still alive. Well truth is I shouldn't be. I've had at last count seven times I beat death one I was gone and came back. Earning a nickname by the er nurses The Miracle Man. This last one with the collapsed lung added lots more pain I really didn't need. The bad part I'm broke , you all know SS disability is hardly enough to live on without bills from five hospital stays in a few years. NO IM NOT ASKING FOR HELP IN ANYWAY. I'm offering advice to you who can still work and are not in pain from it . Work as long as you want to live each day as if it's the last one . So enjoy what you like , love your wife like she's still 20 and do all you both wanted to do. If you have plenty of investment enjoy the years of retirement . Before it becomes drs monthly and assisted living time.
I'm trying now to get set up with a different pain Dr who my home Dr thinks is top shelf after she fixed her husband's pain problems in a few months of treatment. I need some therapy to help get my legs usable for transfer to my wheelchair. Pain in large muscle in left thigh it's so tight it can't bend at the knee.. and a bed sore rules my movements also.
Take my advice to heart don't stop moving till you absolutely can't bare it. If moderator don't like this close it out. It really won't bother me.
I covet your prayers and need them .

Have you checked with your states medicaid? Financial wise, it is better then medicare, most things are a dollar or two copay. Medicaid is determined by your income, and yes you can have medicare, and medicaid.

People can think what they want, but chronic pain really sucks bad. I take a handful of pain pills daily, things are much better then before, but still many days my body says heck no. You mention moving, absolutely right. Even if it is some super simple projects, plan and do them, or even plan and make several local trips. As much as I hate New Jersey, it does have lots of beautiful places.

@Silverbullet

Glad to see you posting again.

You give some great advice above.....keep moving.
My 80-year old Dad takes a roughly 4 mile hike with his dog every day and sometimes seems more spry than I am at 50.

Keep up those miracles.

-brino

It's no easy process to do or get done. They want everything from 5 years back and everything you own or invested into. Value of life insurance, your home . If you have bank account CD ira , cash . I couldn't even tell all the rest from the list , half what they want to know about I don't even know for sure or value. I have life insurance from the time I was 8 or 10yrs old, and added to it when married before being disabled. How do I value that just face or accumulated . It's very frustrating to do let alone finding things in an attic we can't climb into anymore. I haven't had a bank account in 10 years but a shared cking account with my wife. Yes I did try to comply with the Medicaid paperwork so many things I don't or can't produce proof about.
Have you checked with your states medicaid? Financial wise, it is better then medicare, most things are a dollar or two copay. Medicaid is determined by your income, and yes you can have medicare, and medicaid.

People can think what they want, but chronic pain really sucks bad. I take a handful of pain pills daily, things are much better then before, but still many days my body says heck no. You mention moving, absolutely right. Even if it is some super simple projects, plan and do them, or even plan and make several local trips. As much as I hate New Jersey, it does have lots of beautiful places.

Silverbullet:

I've been thinking about you and hope you're feeling a little better.

Did you have any luck getting in with a new pain doctor?

Prayers coming your way from Maryland.

TomKro

Silverbullet:

I've been thinking about you and hope you're feeling a little better.

Did you have any luck getting in with a new pain doctor?

Prayers coming your way from Maryland.

TomKro
Thanks Tom, been very rough for months. The collapsed lung really set me back. None of it my fault and two hospital stays costing me over ten grand in copays . I love going to Maryland did lots of trap shooting there. And I've wanted a return trip Aberdeen to the proving grounds to see the tanks and howitzers and museum. Haven't been in about twenty years now. One of the machine shops I worked we use to do some machining parts and had to deliver them there.

Good to hear the Miracle Man is hanging in there.

I believe I did either skeet or trap at a firing range down in Edgewood maybe 25 years ago. I'm a pretty bad shot though. A couple years back I managed to bounce the shot wadding off a clay target and my kids had a good laugh.

You may have to drive a bit further to see the Ordnance Museum. All that hardware was shipped down to Ft. Lee when the Ordnance School moved out. The only thing left in that field is the 16 inch coastal gun that came from the water range. Years ago I had a chance to see the monster lathes they made those guns with up in Watervliet Arsenal. Pretty cool stuff.

I hope your chest is feeling better.

TomKro

Good to hear the Miracle Man is hanging in there.

I believe I did either skeet or trap at a firing range down in Edgewood maybe 25 years ago. I'm a pretty bad shot though. A couple years back I managed to bounce the shot wadding off a clay target and my kids had a good laugh.

You may have to drive a bit further to see the Ordnance Museum. All that hardware was shipped down to Ft. Lee when the Ordnance School moved out. The only thing left in that field is the 16 inch coastal gun that came from the water range. Years ago I had a chance to see the monster lathes they made those guns with up in Watervliet Arsenal. Pretty cool stuff.

I hope your chest is feeling better.

TomKro
Guess going to Aberdeen won't be a day trip for me then. I enjoyed all the tanks and even on the road driving into it. I think there's a big arsenal down in Baltimore where the ships come in for rearming. And provisions. Been almost a year and I'm still not back to where I was physically before the collapse lung. My Dr wants me to go to another pain Dr when I'm able. Be tough my poor vans in need of repairs I just can't afford and being down I m unable to do them. Damn battery died just from not using it and getting a moroon to plug in a maintainer charge is impossible. Son in law don't know nothing but games on computers.

Guess going to Aberdeen won't be a day trip for me then. I enjoyed all the tanks and even on the road driving into it. I think there's a big arsenal down in Baltimore where the ships come in for rearming. And provisions. Been almost a year and I'm still not back to where I was physically before the collapse lung. My Dr wants me to go to another pain Dr when I'm able. Be tough my poor vans in need of repairs I just can't afford and being down I m unable to do them. Damn battery died just from not using it and getting a moroon to plug in a maintainer charge is impossible. Son in law don't know nothing but games on computers.
Tomkro if the wad it the target it meant you were to far in front with the shot. To much lead,, word I hate to use,, you should never try to make a lead, with your head on the stock and yes down the barrel you swing with the target on the barrel and keep moving pull the trigger and still keep on the target then when it breaks drop down the barrel. It's called instinct training and follow thru. Once you practice it , it can become automatic in your brain. If you ever want to enjoy the sport. I spent years or my whole life hunting n shooting. Got to be good enough to be added to the All American Team for trap.

Back