AC compressor converted to 3 cylinder ICE!

Latinrascalrg1

Registered
Registered
Now ive seen many Brilliant examples of Exceptionally Outstanding internal combustion engines on the miniature scale made by craftsman with talent beyond compare and today I stumbled across another such example!

Yes its most likely useless except for the knowledge one would gain from conquering such a project however I find this "Slight" modification to an Automobile AC compressor motor into a working 3 cylinder engine to be really "Cool" (pun intended) and I thought some of you may enjoy it as well so I decided to share with the gang.

BTW If this is not the appropriate place to post this please move it or delete it if you must.

Enjoy.

I watched that the other day, very creative thinking. Clever idea to use the other three clys, to load the working cyls.

Take a careful look at the end when its running and right at the point it goes into slow motion (33:40) watch the firing of the cylinders.... Does it look like there are additional ignitions/flashes "between" the cylinders that do not seem to be connected with any of the cylinders firing at that exact point in time? Maybe im just seeing things!

I saw that, I assumed it was from the plastic head leaking, but thinking now, could be a flash back from the still burning cyl, when the intake port opens.

Impressive, considering he apparently has no lathe or milling machine
That's a real mind to metal (and acrylic) design- very cavalier
I had no idea what one of those compressors looked like inside!

Neat for a science project but not much else in my opinion

Take a careful look at the end when its running and right at the point it goes into slow motion (33:40) watch the firing of the cylinders.... Does it look like there are additional ignitions/flashes "between" the cylinders that do not seem to be connected with any of the cylinders firing at that exact point in time? Maybe im just seeing things!
That looks like the acrylic acting as a fiber optic and transmitting light to the edge. It seems to be delayed though so maybe not.

Back