Accuremote or igaging

Can you provide a link Bob?
Here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1021179?spm=2114.10010108.0.0.5eaf548dgEiWY6
is their store.

This one:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...216.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.544dca2cLhf1UZ
is the one I (and several friends) bought. When we bought it about a month ago it was $228.50 delivered. I see it is now $234.60. Those numbers seem to go up and down a bit. Better hurry, they only have 808 sets left! That is with scales of .005mm, (.0002") resolution. Note that scales can be upgraded to higher resolution (.001mm, .00004", (40 millionths)) for $18 extra per scale, and slim scales can be specified at no additional cost for any or all axes.

The person you deal with, Wilson, has a good command of English and is quite helpful. Each of us changed our orders, even more than once, before shipment. No problems, comes UPS or Fedex.

Mine is not installed yet, but I did plug everything in and checked it. Works fine.

And unprotected wiring and batteries that go dead.

Milliing machine complete 3 axis packages with glass scales custom made to your specs in one millimeter increments up to 1000 mm are available for $228, including freight, no taxes. Arrives at your door in about 3 weeks. No extra charge for specifying slim scales. Oh, and the scales can be calibrated dead easy to be dead accurate, push a couple buttons to calibrate them. That is mounting issue, easily addressed in software. Can't do that at all with the iGaging or Accuremote scales.
Bob,

I was doing a little research on Yuri's package and ran across your posts on this thread. I've looked at the 'aliexpress' website and noticed they have several models of DRO systems. I'm curious why you and your friends chose the SNS model. I'm ready to get a system for a 13 x 40 lathe, so I would only need the '2V' instead of the '3V', but I wonder if you could add any comments on the various models based on your research.

Also, I gather from your posts that you communicated (verbally or by e-mail) with Wilson, their contact person. I see his name at the bottom of the FAQ section, but nothing on how to contact him. Can you provide any specific contact info?

Thanks for any help you can provide. This looks like a very nice package.

Regards,
Terry

Terry, I and several of my friends chose that system because it seems like the most bang for the buck. There is some risk involved, but really about the same as from any other sellers. We have all had good transactions. One readout failed after about 20 minutes of use, and is being replaced. The site is Shenzhen Siton, here is their home page:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1021179?spm=2114.12010617.0.0.6ff11191CBv9UD
It is necessary to contact the seller after ordering to give them the details of what you need. I do not see a way of contacting the seller before placing the order. Read the ads very carefully. I do know that orders can be cancelled before shipment. Hope that helps...

Reactions: tjb
Terry, I and several of my friends chose that system because it seems like the most bang for the buck. There is some risk involved, but really about the same as from any other sellers. We have all had good transactions. One readout failed after about 20 minutes of use, and is being replaced. The site is Shenzhen Siton, here is their home page:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1021179?spm=2114.12010617.0.0.6ff11191CBv9UD
It is necessary to contact the seller after ordering to give them the details of what you need. I do not see a way of contacting the seller before placing the order. Read the ads very carefully. I do know that orders can be cancelled before shipment. Hope that helps...
That helps a lot, Bob.

Have your or any of your friends installed the units yet? Any installation or operational glitches that were unanticipated?

I was able to locate their blurb on the exact unit you bought, and they have a 2-axis version for (obviously) a little less money. I assume they will provide contact information for specifics once they receive the order, correct?

Price-wise this does indeed look like a bargain. And it's an attractive unit that appears to have all the bells and whistles I would like to have on my lathe.

Regards,
Terry

Have your or any of your friends installed the units yet? Any installation or operational glitches that were unanticipated?
Some of the systems have been installed, and some partially. My installation is not started. No glitches reported beyond the one readout failure.
I assume they will provide contact information for specifics once they receive the order, correct?
It is required that you contact the seller after the sale with scale lengths and any other option choices. In reality, the seller will contact you, which makes it somewhat easier.

Reactions: tjb
Some of the systems have been installed, and some partially. My installation is not started. No glitches reported beyond the one readout failure.

It is required that you contact the seller after the sale with scale lengths and any other option choices. In reality, the seller will contact you, which makes it somewhat easier.

Thanks.

The readout failure sounds like one of those unfortunate nuisances that can happen with any system, but it's reassuring that the seller evidently jumped right on it and resolved the problem. I assume the seller will contact me by e-mail?

I suspect I'll be a happy camper with this system.

I'll keep you posted, and thanks for your help.

Regards,
Terry

Bob,

I was doing a little research on Yuri's package and ran across your posts on this thread. I've looked at the 'aliexpress' website and noticed they have several models of DRO systems. I'm curious why you and your friends chose the SNS model. I'm ready to get a system for a 13 x 40 lathe, so I would only need the '2V' instead of the '3V', but I wonder if you could add any comments on the various models based on your research.

Also, I gather from your posts that you communicated (verbally or by e-mail) with Wilson, their contact person. I see his name at the bottom of the FAQ section, but nothing on how to contact him. Can you provide any specific contact info?

Thanks for any help you can provide. This looks like a very nice package.

Regards,
Terry
On my order there was a "Message to Seller" box during checkout. I listed my desired dimensions there.
You can Contact them a couple of ways:
Wilson email is 'mr wilson huang <AT> gmail.com (remove the spaces and change <AT> to the @ symbol)
On their store front you can contact them.
Hover your pointer over the store name Shenzhen Siton Technologies Co. Ltd. and a box will pop down with the 'Contact Now' shown.

1519005395971.png

On my order there was a "Message to Seller" box during checkout. I listed my desired dimensions there.
You can Contact them a couple of ways:
Wilson email is 'mr wilson huang <AT> gmail.com (remove the spaces and change <AT> to the @ symbol)
On their store front you can contact them.
Hover your pointer over the store name Shenzhen Siton Technologies Co. Ltd. and a box will pop down with the 'Contact Now' shown.

View attachment 258694
Thanks, Dan.

That's helpful information. I plan on getting measurements for my lathe and placing an order this AM.

Do you have one of their products? How do you like it?

Regards,
Terry

Back