Added A Trav A Dial To My Craftsman 101.27430 Lathe

ksierens

Active User
Registered
Just finished adding a Trav (A) Dial to my Craftsman 12"x 24" lathe, and thought I would share some pictures in case anyone else was thinking about doing this. I was very lucky to get this one at a great price, wish I could afford to put them on all my machines. Love keeping my toys old school, without DRO's, since I do not make a living with them.

td1.png

td2.png

td3.png

td4.png

td5.png

td6.png

Man, what a nice professional looking job, not to mention the excellent photography. It looks just like it belongs there and I'm sure will function quite well. Job well done.

Really wish those were available for the Atlas 10100 Mk.2... Great job !! Looks factory original.

Really wish those were available for the Atlas 10100 Mk.2... Great job !! Looks factory original.
Thanks, I had a mk2, it would just be way to big for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks, I had a mk2, it would just be way to big for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah, the Mk.2 headstock shape is giving me fits trying to get a DI mounted carriage stop fitted to work close to the chuck. This is the closest I got, but it's too tight for the DI to fit. Can still use it as a stop with set screw & rod so it's not a total loss.

0701172138.jpg

nice job. did you adjust it? there is a rocker plate on the bottom of the trav a dial. but you already know that. if not I may be able to find my book that tells you how to adjust it . start a comversation with me if you need any help. if not just ignor this post except for the nice job part bill

Back