Added another car to the garage. 67 Nova

I haven't been to hawaii, but i can't imagine the roads are perfect, in my experience any island roads are full of potholes and having you oil pan being the lowest part is very bad, my advance protect the oil pan with some additional crossmember in front of it and install some sturdy bump stops on the suspension. Not to overstate but that car won't last a week in my hands around here, maybe one day if my brother drives it :grin big:

Not to overstate but that car won't last a week in my hands around here, maybe one day if my brother drives it

Hey I have a brother like that too!
-brino

That is something to consider, but for now, WHEN it gets back on the road, I'm going to stay away from the plantation roads :)

Hey I have a brother like that too
Have you gotten the call, bro i hit a pothole and my car died and won't crank. As you drive up you see the trail of oil and pieces of the oil pump, oil pan, oil filter housing all over the road. When you get to him and ask him what happened. Noting i tried to miss a pothole i could not and car died right after. Smoking, texting, talking on the phone is more important than driving. He did not noticed the he had gone off the road hit a concrete devder so hard broke off oil filter housing, oil pan, and the oil pump clean off the engine, the crankshaft had couple of dings from hitting the concrete when spinning Flustered And there is no changing him, square rims bulge tires, broken engine mounts is the norm.

OK I lied I couldn't keep walking by without trying to see the nose back down. I have 3 1/2" to the back of the pan, and the tire is back in the fender well a little better.

And that is more than enough for the "normal roads" , besides, the look is always more important than the function for a hot rod! wink wink...

Wow, I haven't touched the car in a year, and a half, but got ambitious today. I've been dreading having to string the car, and plot out the back suspension, so I know everything is straight, and not binding up. With the front spring eye bolted up the rear spring eye is off center in the rear, and has to be pulled over to line up. Welding coupons make great shims on the jack stands to center the bubble on the level, it took a couple of hrs to level, and plot the centerline, so now I can start the plotting....

Hey Mike . My co-worker has a 67 with a 396 in it . I talk to him every week about selling it but so far he won't budge . :(

Haha, there is a lot of cutting to do to fit a big block in a 67.

He bought the car done for a grand years back . The younger guy kept putting weak starters in the thing and burning them up . Not that it matters , I don't think he's willing to part with it , but I still try ! :big grin:

Back