Added another car to the garage. 67 Nova

Haha, there is a lot of cutting to do to fit a big block in a 67.
Mike , edit this . Not sure of the year but it's a shoebox Nova , could be older .

68 and above could be had with BBCs, still a nice combination....

68 and above could be had with BBCs, still a nice combination....
This is older than yours . Has the small square tail lamps . I'll get a pic from him on Sunday morning when I see him next . Maybe I'll bother him a bit more about letting it go , he's retiring soon .

My hunch was correct, one rear sliding spring perch is 1 1/16" off. the housing perch, and front perch are ~ 1/16 different from side to side....

Put some time in today getting the feel of putting in an add on frame 1" inside the original frame that the PO did a mini tub on. This one will be welded into the floors, and gusseted to the original frame, then I'll cut out the wheel well portion. It will give me a total of 2 1/2" clearance, and if I take out the POs 1/2" wheel spacer, I'll still have enough room.

Well it's been 5 months since I worked on the Nova, I had to get it out of the garage for awhile, now it's back. I spent yesterday, and today putting the car back on jack stands, and leveling it again. 1/16, and 1/8 welding coupons make good shims. Got the rear end down and forward out of the way. Now I need to square the new frame in the chassis, and start welding, then do it all over again on the other side.

One year has gone by, and I just now finished welding in the extra frame on one side. I still need to attach the body to the new frame in more locations, and sheet metal will be later. The new lathe will be here soon, and I have to get the rear end back in. One more to go.

I ran out of 3/16 x 3 plate, and the band saw is down, so I'm done for today. The driver side is tied in frame to frame, just need to do sheet metal. The passenger side is fitted, awaiting material.

The rear end is back in, new frames are too, just need to cut the old frame out now. I have been working on getting a stance I think I like. I had to get the Nova out of the garage to get the new lathe in, so I took a quick picture to see if I like it.

Back