Added another car to the garage. 67 Nova

2 minutes ago I found pictures of my last 70 rolled on the way into work one morning . Stuffed away in my tool box . They sure were fun , but the kids and houses took me cash poor . Matter a fact , they still do ! :rolleyes: I still have plenty of toys and most have wheels , they just enjoy the dirt more than the asphalt . :)

Been wanting one of those for a LO-O-O-O-O-NG time. Lucky.

Regards,
Terry

I forgot to add, this is my wife's car that she doesn't know about......yet.

Wait, your wife is going to drive a 600HP Nova to go shopping? Does she do it 1/4 mile at a time? She is going to love it!!!

I remember the first time I saw a 69' Nova with the 396ci option. It had this big cam and headers and rumbled its way down the street. We were following it and he punched it and broke the 10 bolt rear end after he wheel hopped it for a short stretch - they had the single leaf spring in the rear, remember?

I had a 67' Chevelle with the 327ci/325HP motor, followed by a 70 Olds W-31, followed by a Toyota Corolla so I could go to school without going broke. My dream car back then was a 1970-1/2 Z-28 with the LT-1 motor - never got around to finding it.

The trick with the single leaf was to use two of them. Those springs had a pin welded to the spring to keep the axle in place. You cut the pin off of the second spring and put the second spring on top of stock spring. Depending on how you clamped the springs together controlled weight transfer front to back and side to side. With sway bars front and back you could actually make the car go around corners. Fun car to drive.

My 70 Chevelle was her daily driver, as soon as she figured out the line lock held the car on hills with the 5 spd, she was hooked.

That's a nice truck,LOL, it's a mix, city/country, but I am the farthest west member here:)

Reactions: tjb
Starting to accumulate parts for the 406 build. A machine shop in Colorado Springs is doing the machining, assembly, and the dyno. Dart block, AFR 227 cc heads, Bullet cams, Callies crank, Molnar rods, Mahle pistons. I only have pictures of the carb, and valve covers, still waiting for a bunch of parts to proceed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z2V
Back